Brownwood - Wildwood

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
i'm wondering how one tells the residents from the locals at ss or lsl to begin with. i thought it was a pretty consistent feeling around here that residents pretty much became enamoured with the squares after a few months of living in the villages and found other stuff to do - no? if that is so, who is filling up the squares in the evening?
Villagers go to the squares to eat, drink, dance, shop, movies, listen to music and generally to have a good time. I think you are correct in that many go often at first but then "slack off" the longer they live in TV. Although, I notice some of the same people at the square quite often.

I don't think Brownwood will be much different than LSL or Spanish Springs. With 110,000 or so Villagers at build out, 7% or 8% going to the squares in the evening is a lot of people. So get ready to charge up or gas up those carts and drive south for a good time!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Sage

There is something I wonder about at Brownwood. Will happy hour be from 5-7 like Spanish Springs or 5-6 like LSL?? No happy hour? Now that is something to be really concerned about Brownwood!
Old 08-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
There is something I wonder about at Brownwood. Will happy hour be from 5-7 like Spanish Springs or 5-6 like LSL?? No happy hour? Now that is something to be really concerned about Brownwood!
How about all day every day!
Old 08-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
nah - too many other retirement communities have residents who enjoy our squares.
Do you have any idea how elitist this sounds. What is it that makes them your squares. The squares and the nightly entertainment are paid for by the commercial entities at those squares that welcome all customers as long as their money is green.

But I think Gary Morse should be voted into the magician’s hall of fame for creating the illusion that TV is a private guard gated community. It has fooled untold thousands of TV residents. And they get quite ornery about it when they realize this and wake up with the oh-no's.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Sage

I say come one----come all. Enjoy our Squares and spend lots and lots of money!
Old 08-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
Do you have any idea how elitist this sounds. What is it that makes them your squares. The squares and the nightly entertainment are paid for by the commercial entities at those squares that welcome all customers as long as their money is green.

But I think Gary Morse should be voted into the magician’s hall of fame for creating the illusion that TV is a private guard gated community. It has fooled untold thousands of TV residents. And they get quite ornery about it when they realize this and wake up with the oh-no's.
LOL...You're right on the mark.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Now Edvin. It is the pride of ownership of one's own town that makes it sound elitest. I am one of many, many people who think it is just right and haven't had a case of the OH NO's until recently about the danged signs. I don't want anything changed from the way it is now. I cringe to think any elected dinglefoot could change it and ruin everything.

I don't think anyone has tried to hoodwink me. I think the Morses know how to run things efficiently and well. I am more than satisfied. A truly gated community is not what it is, but it works wonderfully. It pretty much keeps the nice people in and unfortunatly it isn't fail safe, a few grumps have snuck in somehow.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I 've heard that the Sheriff will have a sub station in Brownwood.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
I 've heard that the Sheriff will have a sub station in Brownwood.
Not too much difference, but the sub-station will be Wildwood Police.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:

who are you calling elitist - me? did you follow the thread and the post to which i was responding? where did i say or even imply that they are my squares? i, like many, have been in the villages to no longer need to go to the squares for entertainment! please take your humble self - oh never mind. sheesh and boy howdy!

Old 08-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Sage

Yo, G, I just had a weird visual. A dinglefoot shopping for shoes.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:

Ed, you so often bring a lot of knowledge about TV to TOTV..........and once in a while you slip and do a little rant.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
..........Not that I am disparaging construction workers or Wildwood in general, but I wonder about having Brownwood built within Wildwood. Will it be bringing too many outsiders in to the nightly entertainment so residents will have a hard time finding seats in the stadium seating or a much more local clientle than we find at Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter Landing?
To keep the prices of drinks etc. low in TV squares, they need increase volume of sales. I've been told by a good source that the bar revenues at SS and LSL don't even come close to paying the costs of nightly bands etc. The developer subsidizes the entertainment quite heavily.

And calling people "outsiders" is "intolerant". We TV residents are ALL outsiders who came into the local communities.....they've been here longer than we have.

The more people spend their money in Brownwood, the more TV can offer for free entertainment and low drink prices!
Old 08-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Not too much difference, but the sub-station will be Wildwood Police.
i did not know wildwood had
Old 08-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Default Original Villagers

The only "original villagers" were Seminoles, some farmers, cattle, pigs and horses.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.