BYOB/Coolers at Squares and pools?

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2017, 02:26 PM
Default BYOB/Coolers at Squares and pools?

Hi all - just wondering - are you allowed to carry small coolers and bringyour own adult beverage (or any beverage) to public places like the squares and the pools? In other words, when I come to happy hour or go to the pool, or walk around any outside public area for that matter, can I carry around my Yeti up filled up with my favorite adult beverage? If you can't BYOB, are there places to buy at squares and pool, and can you walk around with it if you bought it?

Gary
Old 01-20-2017, 03:19 PM
Eternal Member

You can't take them into the square.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Veteran member

The squares definitely have places to buy adult beverages. Not so for the pools. While I can't say for certain (I haven't moved there just yet but am counting the days), I would not be surprised if there isn't a no-alcohol policy, whether purchased on the spot or BYOB, for the pools as well. I'm sure the insurers for The Villages do NOT want to encourage folks getting drunk and then diving into the pools.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:29 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Square NO, Pools YES

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 01-20-2017, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I've only seen one person drinking beer at our neighborhood pool in 5 years. I usually go about mid-day, during the later evening it might be more. I also hardly see anyone drinking beer on the golf courses, maybe as seniors we slow down. However, at the squares it's a different story, maybe it the dancing and music that does it.

At the squares there are alcohol stands on each corner of the square. With a regular band playing and it's a non-market night they'll have one stand open. On market night (Tue & Thur) at LSL and (Mon & Wed) at SS they'll have at least 2 stands open. If Rocky & the Rollers, Uncle Bob's Rock Shop or Johnny D is playing, they'll have 3 or 4 stands open. Happy hour is one hour, from 5 to 6 at LSL and Brownwood, at SS it's 2 hours from 5 until 7pm. A draft beer that's about 20 oz is $5, at happy hour you get 2 for $5, the other drinks like wines and liquor you get doubles.

If you want to see how big the crowds are, you should of looked last night at LSL webcam when Rocky was playing, tremendous crowd, especially now that it's snowbird season. If it doesn't rain, you'll see a big crowd tomorrow night (Saturday) at LSL for Johnny D and the Starlights.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:27 PM
Gold member

Like most of the rules in TV, it is not widely enforced. Do be careful not to have open containers in your golf cart at the squares or on the MM paths, that an invitation for a ticket.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 01-20-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I've only seen one person drinking beer at our neighborhood pool in 5 years. I usually go about mid-day, during the later evening it might be more. I also hardly see anyone drinking beer on the golf courses, maybe as seniors we slow down. However, at the squares it's a different story, maybe it the dancing and music that does it.

At the squares there are alcohol stands on each corner of the square. With a regular band playing and it's a non-market night they'll have one stand open. On market night (Tue & Thur) at LSL and (Mon & Wed) at SS they'll have at least 2 stands open. If Rocky & the Rollers, Uncle Bob's Rock Shop or Johnny D is playing, they'll have 3 or 4 stands open. Happy hour is one hour, from 5 to 6 at LSL and Brownwood, at SS it's 2 hours from 5 until 7pm. A draft beer that's about 20 oz is $5, at happy hour you get 2 for $5, the other drinks like wines and liquor you get doubles.

If you want to see how big the crowds are, you should of looked last night at LSL webcam when Rocky was playing, tremendous crowd, especially now that it's snowbird season. If it doesn't rain, you'll see a big crowd tomorrow night (Saturday) at LSL for Johnny D and the Starlights.
John - thanks to you and everyone else for responses. Don;t know what others think, but that sounds like decent prices on the beverages! And yes, I did see the video cam last night for LSL last night - wild! I'm coming down for a lifestyle visit in April for 5 nights, really looking forward to it - first visit! Gary
Old 01-20-2017, 07:50 PM
Platinum member

You can take a cooler to neighborhood and family pools but not country club pools.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:32 AM
Sage

You can take a cooler to the outskirt of the square but never in it!

I know one person who goes to LSL every night and sits just outside the square and has never been bothered.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

Tags
beverage, squares, public, places, walk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.