Century Link service

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2017, 12:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajulian View Post
I had Centurylink for four years and just gave up on their cable services. I kept their internet.

Overall performance has been good for us on both Tv services as well as Internet. The main problem is, we never got billed the same for 48 months in a row even though our cable package and Internet package never changed. The price would start low and then go up every month and then after every three months of this I would call the Retention department and they would give me a credit and then reset my pricing at the lower amount. Always helpful.

But then the pricing escalation would start again. After 4 years I couldn't take the constant calls and their administrative billing nightmare.

I put an antenna in my attic and get 57 channels. ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, PBS and several interesting channels. Of course I got several Spanish and religious channels. I deleted the ones I didn't want and kept the rest. I ended up with about 22 decent channels .

Because I kept their internet, I stream all the rest of the cable content I had with Centurylink by using PlayStation Vue and using Roku to select channels and guide.

Picture quality is actually better then cable because it is digital unencrypted signals that don't share a line with anyone else in the community. Also, with a streaming package off the internet, you don't have any contracts. If you decide you don't want it anymore you can cancel immediately. You only pay for the month you subscribed to.

There are many streaming packages offered today. Hulu, Netflix, PlayStation Vue, AT&T Direct TV, YouTube TV and many more. I tried several on a 1 week free trial and found that PlayStation Vue had the best packages available.

A note on YouTube TV streaming, is that they are the only streaming service that has worked a deal to provide the Network channels like ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, AND PBS. If you got this service you would not need an Over the Air antenna in your attic. They are currently rolling out now only to major cities in the U.S. They are supposed to be up in Orlando by later this summer.

It feels like a ball and chain was taken off my ankle. I'm happy as can be.

I still have a home back in the Rochester NY area that we stay at in the Summer months. I am in the process of setting it up with an antenna in the attic and receiving Over the Air signals and streaming off the internet for everything else.

Free at last!!!
Do you get FX with your current set up? I am so frustrated with Comcast for the same reasons you mentioned about your previous carrier about pricing, it is a continual cat and mouse game.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:01 AM
Selch

Did you signup with CL? I would like to know what modem you are using or did you buy your own modem?

I see the CenturyLink Prism TV Technicolor C2100T 802.11AC Modem Route is $160 and the only one comparable with CL with the 802.11ac.
Closed Thread

Tags
century, problem, service, link, working

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.