Centurylink Email

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2016, 12:33 PM
Default Centurylink Email

Anyone having trouble retrieving their email? Using IE, I get the Centurylink home page and am able to access web pages, such as talk of the villages, however, when I click email, I get a dialogue box that says " server not found with "fix problem" under it but then that page disappears and I get an AVG Yahoo Handler Error page. Wow, am I confused.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Since originally posting this question, I can't even get the home page. Other info remains the same.

P.S. I am also posting this question in the Computer Section.

Last edited by Bryant; 10-21-2016 at 12:41 PM. Reason: missing info
Old 10-21-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant View Post
Anyone having trouble retrieving their email? Using IE, I get the Centurylink home page and am able to access web pages, such as talk of the villages, however, when I click email, I get a dialogue box that says " server not found with "fix problem" under it but then that page disappears and I get an AVG Yahoo Handler Error page. Wow, am I confused.

Since originally posting this question, I can't even get the home page. Other info remains the same.

We are also having the same problem with our internet. Seems there's some cyber attacks going on right now.
Second Hack Feared, After Massive Cyberattack Knocks Major Websites Offline - NBC News
Old 10-21-2016, 01:29 PM

There have been reports in the news today that some internet service companies are experiencing denial-of-service attacks. Not sure if that's the case here, but I am having difficulty accessing a couple of sites I visit. Reports earlier said that it seemed to be mostly the east coast, but the problems may have spread.

Last edited by outahere; 10-21-2016 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:17 PM
Veteran member

For the best answer, call Century Link's support number. We have CL internet service,,, no issuses,, with email or anything.

Contact Centurylink
Old 10-23-2016, 04:58 PM

Probably the Russians!
Old 10-24-2016, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant View Post

Century Link Internet

Must be an Internet Explorer problem, another poster started a thread just like this on Oct 10th and they also had an IE browser (see link above). I have CL and use a Google Chrome browser and have never experienced any problems so far retrieving our email. I go on there everyday, including this morning.

I would download a Chrome browser. It's much faster the IE, easier on the eyes to look at, and is safer. When my computer hardrive crashed last year and I had to buy a new computer, all my bookmarks (about a 1000) were saved in my Chrome acct online, and I didn't have do anything other than create a password for that to happen.
Closed Thread

Tags
email, page, centurylink, yahoo, avg

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.