CenturyLink prism freezing up.....

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2016, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts
Default CenturyLink prism freezing up.....

About 3 times a week, at least one of my boxes freezes up to where I have to reboot. Techs have been out and changed all thee boxes twice in the year we've been here. Anyone else have that problem?
Old 05-24-2016, 07:11 AM
Sage

I have to reboot one or more boxes @ least once a week, a tech came out replaced our router, we have 4 wired boxes & 2 wireless boxes.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
About 3 times a week, at least one of my boxes freezes up to where I have to reboot. Techs have been out and changed all thee boxes twice in the year we've been here. Anyone else have that problem?
It is usually the master box that freezes often. That's the one nearest the router.

I heard that many people in FL lost seeing the NCIS show last week. Some Doggie Doo Run Run people spent quite some time trying to get help with the problem. Many of the shows I tape often have gaps in them from when the Prism CenturyLink froze.

I will have to watch the last Tony DiNozzo show on Demand.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Unfortunately, yes. Many times. That and other issues (picture quality, bill amount changing) made me switch to Comcast.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Our CenturyLink freezes too often during live and recorded programming. Even with new main set top box and wireless boxes. We have to reboot several times monthly. Been there, done that with Direct TV and Dish in the past, so we live with it.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Our CenturyLink freezes too often during live and recorded programming. Even with new main set top box and wireless boxes. We have to reboot several times monthly. Been there, done that with Direct TV and Dish in the past, so we live with it.

You may have an issue with the external feed line to your home. Even a telephone support person should be able to determine if the signal is not good, then send a tech to investigate/repair the problem. This is common issue with cable lines. E.g., if someone with a shovel accidentally scrapes the line to your home.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:05 PM
Veteran member

We had Centurylink for years and put up with that "freezing". NO MORE!!! We switched to Comcast. Easy fix folks.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
yes, frequently. we have no recourse to use direct tv etc. so I was hoping to replace my router with another newer one. no hope there either?
Old 05-24-2016, 08:31 PM

Had the problem. Service tech changed my Lani box from hard line to wireless. Problem solved. No freeze for 3 months now.
Closed Thread

Tags
boxes, thee, changed, problem, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.