Chefs of Napoli

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2014, 12:12 AM
Unhappy Chefs of Napoli

Went last night was not impress the had 3 special shrimp and scallop over pasta had 6 small shrimp and 6 very small scallops over linguine 23.95.I just wonder who is going to go there in year or two, will not go again::

:
Old 12-19-2014, 11:58 AM

We went when they first opened, and wasn't impressed with the food either. The red sauce tasted like they opened a can of tomato sauce, no flavor at all. Some folks we know liked it, but I don't think we will going back any time soon.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-flyer View Post
We went when they first opened, and wasn't impressed with the food either. The red sauce tasted like they opened a can of tomato sauce, no flavor at all. Some folks we know liked it, but I don't think we will going back any time soon.
We went earlier this week....and had to have boxes to bring the extra food home. We're not Italian but from our experience the food was really good as was the service! We WILL go back!

I think it's all perspective, many times, with restaurants on what folks are used to.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Restaurants can be masters at deception
Old 12-19-2014, 03:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryh1943 View Post
Went last night was not impress the had 3 special shrimp and scallop over pasta had 6 small shrimp and 6 very small scallops over linguine 23.95.I just wonder who is going to go there in year or two, will not go again::

:
Are you referring to the restaurant Chefs of Napoli? If you were not happy with your food, did you speak to the manager on duty? It sounds like you had a problem.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 12-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Veteran member

My husband get's his spaghetti all the time with meat sauce and extra sausages. The sauce there was by far the best he's ever had. Food is naturally always very subjective, but I had to add our two cents when our new favorite Italian restaurant is questioned.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Veteran member

Spaghetti with garlic and olive oil is delicious! Had it twice. DH and I went with another couple and we all enjoyed our meals and service was great!
Old 12-19-2014, 10:03 PM

We ate there last week. We had a 10 minute wait for a table. The service was great. The food was not as good as were we came from, however, this is home now. It might be a while before we go back, but we will eat there again.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:20 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Ate there tonight

We felt the food was very good. The server was absent a lot though.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 12-19-2014, 11:47 PM
Sage

Had to pipe in again....re: "the service". Not sure why some folks say their service wasn't up to par. I have to say once again, that the night we were there the service was beyond good...it was great! Our server was right there when we needed him and was attentive as well. It was a busy night...we were in the back room (3 tables that probably were servicing 10 to 12 folks each) and I do know there was a wait for some as well. We didn't have one though as we had reservations. I always say to those who say their food isnt great...tell it to your server and/or the manager. Nothing can get fixed unless they're informed.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:05 AM
Sage

Did you bring your concerns to the management? One way to hurt a restaurant is to not give the management a chance to address the issues and then go and complain in a public forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryh1943 View Post

:
Old 12-20-2014, 08:28 AM

We visited and thought the place was wonderful! The decor was very nice, service was spot on and the wait was no more than any other nice place during high season! We will be returning for sure!
Old 12-20-2014, 09:02 AM
Veteran member

Red Sauce, Giovanni's, Mezza Luna, Ricardi's Luigino's, Naples, Stavros, Belleview Pizza & Chef's of Napoli......... I've been to them all.
Red Sauce... excellent carbonarra
Giovanni's.... lasagna
Mezza Luna ... Stromboli Sandwich
Ricardi's ... TBD
Luegino's... . pizza's ok
Naple's .... Sauce is good
Stavors... pizza
Belleview... pizza & sauce is good
Chef's.l..... I enjoyed the veal!

What I'm saying is there's lots of choices and every place is not going to be great at everything ..
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 12-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Sage

Why go out to eat for basic stuff like pasta,pizza, stromboli, these foods are cookie cutter foods anyone can make it--buy good pasta, Rao's sauce & Bove meatballs & you can match the best thing any restaurant here can do.

If you're talking Osso Bucco and veal Milanese, now you're taking about skill
Old 12-20-2014, 03:09 PM

Had read all the reviews and couldn't wait to try it. Party of 4 was put in the back room with two large (12 or more) groups. We asked for another table before sitting down and were told, "This is it". Couldn't have a conversation, and when the waitress came to tell the groups (twice) what the special was she was yelling to be heard. Food was average. Told hostess at the desk we weren't happy with where we were, no comment from her. Won't go back...too many other good places with good customer service.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.