Another Accident on 466a and Buena Vista

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Default Another Accident on 466a and Buena Vista

We got detoured around another "beauty" early this afternoon. Looked like 2 cars involved at the intersection. We were headed down BV and were diverted back over to Morse at the last rotary by Community Watch. We were headed to the new Eisenhower Center (fabulous) - so managed to see the accident. Two cars- one fairly new,the other what I would term a "beater car". No idea if there were injuries, but the beater car looked totaled.
You really need to be safe our there.
I've learned to follow Gracie's advice - when the light turns green, count to 5 before entering any intersection. You stand a much better chance of not being t-boned.
And just think, the snow birds aren't back yet either... It's all us darned year rounders causing all this ruckus on a Sunday..
Old 11-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Platinum member

Another one?? Besides the one you reported this AM??
Old 11-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Another one?? Besides the one you reported this AM??
There was a very bad accident at that intersection last year. (or early this year)

A van got hit and ended up wrapped around a light pole!

It's silly season ....be careful out there.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:41 PM

There was a wrecked motorcycle and car on BV near the Old Mill Rd. about 4:30 today. A young man and woman were talking to the police and then walked over to the m/c, so I guess they were lucky and no one was injured.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,500 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Because I worry too much, I just want all of you to stay off the roads until the end of March.

I know that's silly, but all of you, assume they are all out to get you and drive defensively.

Hearing the sirens now several times a day and it will get worse.

Be CAREFUL.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Sage

Keep praying Gracie, I saw the leftovers of the T-bone on BVB today and later saw a motorcyclist on BVB lying on the road still under his motorcycle. Prayer is the best thing I know to do.
Kitty
Old 11-25-2013, 06:59 AM
Veteran member

Sounds like a normal day in the NE. 100,000 (old) people in a confined area = more accidents.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
Sounds like a normal day in the NE. 100,000 (old) people in a confined area = more accidents.
Settle-in for this one!

Old 11-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,500 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Sized View Post
Settle-in for this one!

Some of us ARE old. And most of us don't know how it happened.

But by all that I hold dear, we shouldn't be using age as a criticism on THIS forum.

Girls? Get ready. Supersoakers.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:55 AM
Veteran member

My 92 year old neighbor had a car accident resulting in a trip to the hospital for medical attention. The doctor said do you have a drivers license; the neighbor said yes and showed it to the doctor. The doctor cut it in half and said you will not need this any more. My neighbor thanked him and the neighbor drove to Orlando later that day.

Its a joke.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
How do you know that? Maybe you should define OLD?
Old 11-25-2013, 09:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMayor View Post
My 92 year old neighbor had a car accident resulting in a trip to the hospital for medical attention. The doctor said do you have a drivers license; the neighbor said yes and showed it to the doctor. The doctor cut it in half and said you will not need this any more. My neighbor thanked him and the neighbor drove to Orlando later that day.

Its a joke.
Oh my!
Old 11-25-2013, 09:20 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,305 Times in 540 Posts

As noted on another Thread----the golf trails are not any safer! As a matter of fact, I think they have become far more dangerous than our streets/roads in TV. In a car you have more protection---air bags and seatbelts and you are at least required to have a drivers license and insurance. Not so in a golf cart.

The last few years I have seen enough "scary things" on the golf trails to leave my cart at home and take my Car when needing to travel more than 5 or 6 miles in TV. Exception being to a distant golf course---and I am starting to refuse to play courses requiring me to travel 20 miles in my golf cart. Its not necessary---there are plenty of courses.

I know the golf cart can be convenient (especially parking) but I've just begun to revisit its use the past year. I think we are all enamored with driving a golf cart, especially when we first arrive in TV. We still like to just take a leisure "Sunday drive" in our golf cart but just be careful out there and drive defensively Wheather in your car or your golf cart.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Veteran member

I've become convinced that around here, I must assume everyone on the roads, paths, and parking lots is trying to kill me. This includes (but is not limited to) the groups of Tour de France re-enactors in the traffic circles, the SUVs on the multimodal paths, the cement trucks racing thru the new construction zones, the chemically impaired in any manner of vehicle, the visually impaired who are trying to impersonate Mr Magoo, the 6 year olds driving grandma to her hair appointment, the faux street-legal carts set to do 40 mph, the assorted vehicles driving the wrong way down divided highways, and folks hanging from the backs of 2 seat golf carts.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Sage

old [ohld] Show IPA adjective, older, oldest or elder, eldest, noun
adjective
far advanced in the years of one's or its life: an old man; an old horse; an old tree.
of or pertaining to the latter part of the life or term of existence of a person or thing: old age.
as if or appearing to be far advanced in years: Worry had made him old.
having lived or existed for a specified time: a man 30 years old; a century-old organization.
having lived or existed as specified with relation to younger or newer persons or things: Jim is our oldest boy.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.