Cleaning a lanai floor

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Gold member
Default Cleaning a lanai floor

The floor in my lanai looks less than clean, I really noticed it when I moved a rug that has been down since we moved in. I'm pretty sure I could clean it with some general cleaning product and a broom but I have a pool. I don't want to get the soap in the pool but it seems like it would be hard to avoid. I know there are drainage areas but I don't trust myself to clean it without getting at least some soap in the water. Any suggestions? We have vacant lots on each side of our house so there is sand being blown around.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
The floor in my lanai looks less than clean, I really noticed it when I moved a rug that has been down since we moved in. I'm pretty sure I could clean it with some general cleaning product and a broom but I have a pool. I don't want to get the soap in the pool but it seems like it would be hard to avoid. I know there are drainage areas but I don't trust myself to clean it without getting at least some soap in the water. Any suggestions? We have vacant lots on each side of our house so there is sand being blown around.
We just power wash ours. no cleaning products. If you need a cleaning product, I would dilute it very much

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 04-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
We just power wash ours. no cleaning products. If you need a cleaning product, I would dilute it very much
I'd sure try power washing first. If that doesn't work, maybe Simple Green will help for the tough spots. It's a non-toxic product invented by a Dad after his toddler was affected by a cleaning chemical.

Readily available.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:07 PM

I asked the crew that painted my lanai and pool area what do they recommend to clean it. They said to mix 1/2 water and 1/2 bleach and let it set for about 20 minutes (not in direct sunlight), than power wash it. I have been doing it since last year, and also have rugs where you can see the difference in dirt, and it comes out like new each time. The bleach also does not hurt the pool since it is chlorine. I just try not to get a lot in the pool.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default I highly recommend

Ugly Grout Be Gone, they cleaned our circular driveway for $50 and did a fantastic job, cleaned our courtyard for $50, and all the tile in our house for $99...
Old 04-23-2013, 01:03 PM

I'm going to tackle mine this weekend. I'm not as worried about water and bleach going in the pool as I am the dirt! My pool cleaner said that some companies would just wash it all into the pool and then he had to charge extra to clean it out.
Seems the most difficult part will be directing it all out the doors on either end.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.