Colony Publix

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Default Colony Publix

I know many people have posted about the overcrowding at the Colony Plaza Publix shopping area. However today, was by far the worst I have ever seen,(in the six yrs I lived here) I am sure the Super Bowl, has something to do with it, but not only were there no parking places, there were no grocery baskets, when I finally found a place to park, by Beall's I walked to the store to find no baskets, , the aisles were so crowded you could not even get down them, the lines to check out were backed up so far, people were blocking the main aisle . People were raging, complaining and literally I thought we would have a riot in the store. Now that S of 466A is almost complete the population has grown, and than we have the snowbirds, renters and Fruitland park residents adding to the problem, Why didn't the Villages realize that with new growth shopping is at a premium, The Publix on 44 is virtually empty, and I now plan to drive the extra distance to shop there (for my own sanity) until the mass leaves. The Villages did a poor job planning on the additional homes with no shopping available, except for Colony. Patience is non existent and the rudeness and actions of those I witnessed today, was disgraceful. People you are retired, chill out and smile. This is the South, and no one is in a hurry, if you don't like it stay up North.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Perhaps the new Publix just east of the Rohan Regional will help. Remember Fruitland Park was an addition that was not in the Orginal plans for The Villages. We went to Winn Dixie this week---we intend to go again---it is not the old Winn Dixie of years gone by. Really a nice Supermarket IMHO.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana13 View Post
I know many people have posted about the overcrowding at the Colony Plaza Publix shopping area. However today, was by far the worst I have ever seen,(in the six yrs I lived here) I am sure the Super Bowl, has something to do with it, but not only were there no parking places, there were no grocery baskets, when I finally found a place to park, by Beall's I walked to the store to find no baskets, , the aisles were so crowded you could not even get down them, the lines to check out were backed up so far, people were blocking the main aisle . People were raging, complaining and literally I thought we would have a riot in the store. Now that S of 466A is almost complete the population has grown, and than we have the snowbirds, renters and Fruitland park residents adding to the problem, Why didn't the Villages realize that with new growth shopping is at a premium, The Publix on 44 is virtually empty, and I now plan to drive the extra distance to shop there (for my own sanity) until the mass leaves. The Villages did a poor job planning on the additional homes with no shopping available, except for Colony. Patience is non existent and the rudeness and actions of those I witnessed today, was disgraceful. People you are retired, chill out and smile. This is the South, and no one is in a hurry, if you don't like it stay up North.
Doesn't seem to be affecting new home sales.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Grand traverse Publix is slammed. They cannot keep up with stock and very very narrow aisles.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:19 PM

I wish I owned just one of these stores.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The Publix on 466 is very busy as well as is Winn Dixie near Lake Sumter Landing.

We are in the midst of the high season and as it's been pointed out, Super Bowl Weekend. This too shall pass.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Doesn't seem to be affecting new home sales.
Sales are down 12%.

21 Top-Selling Masterplans Sold Nearly 14,100 New Homes in 2015 | John Burns Real Estate ConsultingJohn Burns Real Estate Consulting
Old 02-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
Sales are down 12%...
Dang Publix.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Platinum member

Don't we hear this story every year at this time !!!!!
Old 02-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Veteran member

On a personal level the drop is sales has been a good thing. TV Sales is discounting heavily from last years prices. I will be having another meeting with my TV Sales agent next month to discuss some of the more heavily discounted areas. I’ll be able to get a larger home this year than with the same money last year. Luck shines my way on a very very very rare occasion.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Veteran member

LOL Down 12 percent but still #1 in the country.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:31 PM

How do we get a Wegman's supermarket down here.?
Old 02-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
LOL Down 12 percent but still #1 in the country.
There arent many planned communities 30+ sq miles in area. TV is a big place.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Super Bowl shoppers...................
Old 02-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana13 View Post
You will have the new Publix right down the end of Morse for the next high season, the sky is not falling!!..

Tags
people, colony, publix, shopping, park, store, villages, baskets, today, premium, south, growth, virtually, drive, plan, empty, hurry, north, problem, adding, residents, renters, fruitland, stay, extra

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.