Comcast Internet Outage

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2016, 03:48 PM
Default Comcast Internet Outage

We have been without internet since 4 or 5 am. We are in the Village of Caroline. During the first phone call I was told service would be back up by 10:30 am. Just got off phone for second time and now service to be back up by 7:39 pm. Our cable is working fine. Just wondering if anyone else in my area is having same problem.

Update: I was able to get internet back last night - it took the third phone call to the customer service . But my neighbor did not get their service back until this afternoon - because... They did not call.... So - it looks like Comcast does not 'fix' the problem/outage they caused unless you call....

Last edited by Maiercab; 06-29-2016 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Adding an update
Old 06-28-2016, 03:59 PM
Default Comcast Internet Outage

Ours was out from 7-11 this morning. We had the Comcast guy here at 10:30 and he fixed the problem.He said the problem stretched from down here (Collier) to north of Spanish Springs
Old 06-28-2016, 04:09 PM
Sage

We were out from about 7-11 in Hadley
Old 06-28-2016, 04:36 PM
Sage

Looking at the places the previous posters live, I was OK all day here in Mallory. Kind of makes me wonder how that can be....

That includes X1 and Internet connection.

I guess I should say... phew ...
Old 06-28-2016, 04:47 PM
Veteran member

Internet service was out in Emmalee Villas (Mallory) also and not many days ago it was out for many hours. We have owned here in The Villages for nearly 10 yrs now and over those ten years Comcast has consistently been the worst utility I have ever dealt with. Don't you just love a monopoly?
Old 06-28-2016, 04:47 PM

Our Comcast cable has been out all day in Charlotte...Ironically, my husband hooked up our brand new box, everything went fine until it didn't, lol. He had no picture or sound even though everything was easily downloaded and installed. Gave him a time frame of 24 hours, which to Comcast, means days.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:30 PM
Sage

At our house in Caroline, it was weird. We had internet and phone, and we had TV on the satellite boxes but not on the main X1 box. No DVR available. We had an error code on the main box P5t that didn't appear on Comcast's website. Resetting the box showed it trying to connect, then restarting from the beginning over and over. At about 10:45 it came back.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:52 PM
Gold member
Default re:comcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
At our house in Caroline, it was weird. We had internet and phone, and we had TV on the satellite boxes but not on the main X1 box. No DVR available. We had an error code on the main box P5t that didn't appear on Comcast's website. Resetting the box showed it trying to connect, then restarting from the beginning over and over. At about 10:45 it came back.
We've been told to reboot the modem etc soooooo many times that I have plugged them into a power strip with a switch.

An Idea-
Back home-we used to get better service AND PAY LESS FOR IT. Home was NY and yes, there was more competition. I would wonder if we could not get lower costs if, we negotiated as a large single customer.
If, they loose one customer-no big deal. If, the loose the villages................
Old 06-29-2016, 03:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
Mikeod, I found out the hard way, the X1 box does not work at all without an internet connection, even if you have movies recorded, you have no access to them if you do not have internet access. THANK YOU COMCAST!!!!!
Old 06-29-2016, 04:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Mikeod, I found out the hard way, the X1 box does not work at all without an internet connection, even if you have movies recorded, you have no access to them if you do not have internet access. THANK YOU COMCAST!!!!!
I like to beat up Comcast like the next person, mostly for their 800 support, not their product, but I can understand why the issue we see with our DVR happens when the Internet is down.

The developers of X1 would expect the Internet to be up to produce our menu to access the DVR. Can they improve on that? Of course it is only software, but it means that the box will need a new different menu when the Internet is down.

Sounds like a nice enhancement.

That enhancement comes down to cost to develop versus the odds of the issue happening. It has happened one time for me since I have had X1; a month or so ago when many of us were affected by a wide spread outage.

It was frustrating for sure...
Old 06-29-2016, 08:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
But that's what was weird. We DID have Internet. In fact, we researched the error code on the Xfinity website while it was going on. And the satellite boxes all worked.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Any long time users of Brighthouse that can share their thoughts on this provider?
Closed Thread

Tags
service, phone, back, internet, cable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.