Comcast modem speeds - Throttling?

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Wink Can't Make it Up

You can't make this stuff up. After calling Comcast a bunch of times regarding billing errors I finally gave up, cancelled their TV service, Cancelled their phone which was bundled with TV and reverted to only using their internet. Now what could go wrong. Thanks to all the advise sent in by TOTV's users to be sure to make sure I keep records of cancelling the service and buying my own router and modem so I no longer paid comcast a "rental fee" for their modem. As a result of the advice I sent their Corp Offices in Philadelphia a letter notarized of my cancelling of service, phone and own modem and I therefore should not receive any further billings. You guessed it. This month I received the bill for the internet and it included an $8.00 change for modem rental. There goes another hour call to get it off. I reminded them I have a notarized letter to their Hdq's with return receipt and the receipt I turned theirs in. I am now calling the London Bookies to see what odd's there are that in fact I don't see the charge again. I am sorry it took so long to throw Comcast out and get Direct TV which is better than I thought it would be.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.