Comcast scrambles free local channels SOB

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2015, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Audio Video View Post
Yes HDMI high definition digital adaptors are available from Xfinity /Comcast. They are tiny little boxes barely larger than the old SD coax out version you may have seen. They also use (and include) the new X1 platform remote control. It's a nice set-up if you don't need a full featured box with on demand and pausing, fast forward and rewind functionality.

They also have a box just slightly larger than a DTA I believe they call it the X1 mini companion, its technical name is Pace X3i. It's a full featured X1 box that has an SD card on board for pausing live TV. It's fully integrated with the X1 platform DVR. These things are slick and much easier to hide behind a TV when wall mounting. (See pic)
This is interesting, I was at the local Comcast office with 2 dead HDA adapters and specifically asked for the new HD adapters and was told NOT AVAILABLE in this area yet.....When I spoke to Comcast on the 800 number they said they were available.... Does anyone really know?
Old 06-26-2015, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Sorry, can't do anything in a manufactured home except sign you up for Comcast. $49, HDTV and Internet, additional HD boxes are 50 cents. HBO included.
If Comcast HD TV and internet service are $49 per moth, what am I paying $15 for?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Yes, the letters went out a month ago with the 23rd listed as the cut off date. If you are a Comcast customer and are paying for TV service they will provide you with 2 digital adaptors free for 2 years. If you are an Internet customer only and want TV service, call me. I got a customer today limited basic with the news channels (CNN, Fox, etc) and Internet for about $60. If you sign up with me I'll hook up the boxes and program the remotes and as always, no contract. I also have a contact for Century Link and DirectTV services.

If you are interested in an antenna (I've been installing a lot of those lately) give me a call.

I'm extremely busy and often its hard to answer calls live during business hours. Please leave a message and I will call you back.
I have direct tv. Are you saying you can provide direct tv. ...cheaper?
Old 06-28-2015, 07:33 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
Wavy chip you are very wise the cable company's days are numbered and they will collapses.
The internet will stream everything you need for TV in the future.
Sit back and watch the show, guaranteed the tax payers with bail out the cable companies next.
Just my opinion, read up folks its on the way and i am waiting for these providers to get there's just like the cell company's are in today's market.
prism is already delivering it's content via the internet as well as phone voip service. that future is already here.

Tags
local, channels, comcast, free, house, antennas, fire, channels.comcast, anymore, business, back, scrambled, broadcasters, finally, scrambles, sob, today, cable, internet, sunk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.