Comcast vs Century Link Prism

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2014, 11:34 AM
Send a message via ICQ to SoccerCoach

Century Link will save you a few dollars in the beginning with intro rates, etc. The bills will escalate in the future. The more you want the more you'll pay. However, customer support is very good, in English. Most service problems can be solved with a hard reset(power off/on). Good luck.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Sage

We had Comcast, changed to Century Link, then back to Comcast. Century Link had too many down times on the TV. Also we watch many "On Demand" movies and Century Link only had about 10% of what Comcast had to offer.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Platinum member

outahere, I sent you a request via a private message.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Platinum member

I have made a decision with the help of your input.

I visited the Century Link "store" in the Rolling Acres mall. It was refreshing to talk to knowledgeable people face to face. All of my questions were answered and a complete breakdown of the services provided along with costs. However, I decided to stay with Comcast until October when my current plan comes up for "renewal". I have been on a six month promotional rate for a long time. Each time it expires I call Comcast and convince them to continue that rate.

Based on our viewing habits both providers are equal and there is little difference cost-wise. Prism's download speed is a little faster and predictable but at our level it would be of little advantage. I like the fact they have a local "store". They have a few more bells and whistles that may be more to my liking in the future.

It won't take much to tip the scales in favor of Prism in October.

Thanks to all of you for your helpful input.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:30 AM
Default DSL Speed Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
I believe our area gets 10 Mbps with Prism. They say that is ample for streaming (Netflix) but I don't know how that compares with Comcast. Anyone shed any light on this. We use Netflix streaming a lot.

Sorry I mentioned "saving a few bucks". That is not my primary goal.
Run a speed check on your service. I have prism and we now run at 22mbs. They will tune up your telephone line because they need the extra speed for the television, phone, and internet service.

Previous to prism I paid for ten 10mbs service. Too bad they don't have fibre line is Santo Domingo, but they do quite will on copper.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:42 PM

That has changed significantly, just like anything, when you signed up prism was in it's infancy. You now have up to 100mbps internet speed available to your home as well as THOUSANDS of HD and 3D programs. The bugs have been worked out, you can ask any current FTTP customer in the villages.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.