Comcast is the worst

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2016, 07:55 AM
Sage

I work from home on software projects. I occasionally move 50 gigabyte files around. I believe most people are paying for more bandwidth then they actually need. For example, streaming Hi-Def from Netflix requires 5-7 megabits per second download bandwidth. I have 40 megabits/sec download and 20 megabits/sec upload because it hits a sweet spot with CenturyLink pricing ($35/month including all taxes and fees) and I do move around some big tarballs. I could get 100, 300, or 1000 megabit/sec download bandwidths from CenturyLink but I don't have a requirement for it (and my company pays my CenturyLink bill).

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
i am just wondering what the data requirements are of those that have been happy. do you download large files 10gb for example, while watching tv? i am considering comcast
Old 07-21-2016, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Well, I was going to say something good about Comlast, but as I'm typing it just when out? Had to switch to att on the iPad.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:00 PM

Well, we would probably be considered unamerican but we don't even have a TV. I don't have a cell phone and my husband, who has a cell phone, has no data plan. That being said, we have comcast for internet and are very happy with it; we have our own modem. I download about 50 books a month on kindle and we both surf the internet and watch a lot of video online. We lived in another country for eight years and just lived a simpler life. We do not shop a lot either but really appreciate all that we have here.
Namaste to all......
Old 07-24-2016, 05:38 AM
Veteran member

If you have had Comcast and have not had problems then consider yourself very lucky. By far the best cable company I have ever had is Brighthouse. You can only get them South of 466A. The best of the best in cable.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:50 AM
Sage
Default Comcast is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
If you have had Comcast and have not had problems then consider yourself very lucky...
Comcast's customer service leaves a lot to be desired. But many, myself included, consider the Internet service to be very good.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

CONCAST is struggling to take the charge off my account for the modem I returned when we took off from Jersey. Seems simple, just go to any UPS store do a little paperwork and you should be fine. Ah Ha, never. Comcast received the modem but lost it. Thankfully we have been through such foolishness with them before and kept the UPS shipping receipt and the e-mail notification that they received it in a hermetically sealed jar. They will never get our business again. NEVER.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:42 AM
Default Comcast

Have you had the experience of Comcast raising their rates after a few months since you renegotiated the rate? That gets real old!
Old 07-25-2016, 11:46 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny46 View Post
Have you had the experience of Comcast raising their rates after a few months since you renegotiated the rate? That gets real old!
It gives hubby something to do. LOL
Old 07-25-2016, 01:20 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Comcast is the worse

Well maybe? Dish Network was dumped by 281,000 customers this quarter because of black outs and price increases
Old 07-25-2016, 03:29 PM

To the Op and others:

A lot of you blast comcast in generalized terms without actually saying what you feel is the problem.. The Op complained of internet issues. Is it the price? slow connection? drops? wifi? are they expecting too much from the level of service they subscribe to?

Only saying this to say it might be a simple fix.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with comcast other than being a customer. I have them for internet and phone and other than obscene pricing I get what I expect from them.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny46 View Post
Here is how you fix this. 1. Get the pricing and term in writing. 2. Comcast records all calls. Be sure to make note of the date, time and date you spoke to them.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gilbert View Post
To the Op and others:

A lot of you blast comcast in generalized terms without actually saying what you feel is the problem.. The Op complained of internet issues. Is it the price? slow connection? drops? wifi? are they expecting too much from the level of service they subscribe to?

Only saying this to say it might be a simple fix.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with comcast other than being a customer. I have them for internet and phone and other than obscene pricing I get what I expect from them.
I think you will find that many of the comments/rants on this forum lack detail or actual facts.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:21 AM
Email Reported As Spam

We have been with Comcast 10 years now and would not change our service because it has been an uneventful 10 years. A problem arises they fix it we both walk away on friendly terms. We can always complain about price but then we complain about insurance premiums, that is until we suffer a loss and have to make claim

Cést la vie
Old 07-26-2016, 05:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Something new happened to me.

While using my Verizon cell phone in south FL, instead of being able to access this site directly as I always have XFINITY WiFi popped up and wants me to sign on before I can get to the Internet.

I am totally confused (and not happy ) about that.

While I have Comcast/XFINITY at home in TV, why would it intercede when I'm in West Palm Beach?

I WILL be finding out.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore2 View Post
Something new happened to me.

While using my Verizon cell phone in south FL, instead of being able to access this site directly as I always have XFINITY WiFi popped up and wants me to sign on before I can get to the Internet.

I am totally confused (and not happy ) about that.

While I have Comcast/XFINITY at home in TV, why would it intercede when I'm in West Palm Beach?

I WILL be finding out.
Your phone was attempting to use its wifi feature instead of a cell connection. The new xfinity modems have a built in wifi hotspot feature that allows you to tap in any xfinity modem nearby (if your a xfinity customer) nothing nefarious involved.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, internet, comcast, alternatives, happy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.