Comfort Dog

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Eternal Member

Can't we just call them our comfort nips ?
Old 04-14-2014, 01:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Those small bottles of alcohol you can put in your 3-1-1 bag. However it's an FFA violation if your caught opening and consuming alcohol not served by flight crews. Just stating.
You can give your nips to the flight attendant and ask him/her to serve you. Where there is a will there is always a way.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Can't we just call them our comfort nips ?
If I could only say what I was thinking.....Better not.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:51 PM
Gold member

My adorable little comfort dog, Precious, helps me with my @$&&!@# Tourettes. People just love her and just give her snuggles all the time.

The Villages Florida

Her sister, Princess, is not trained, but we love to take her out too. She loves to play kissie face, and people like to tease her and pretend they don't like her licking them.

The Villages Florida
Old 04-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

That's a great looking comfort dog chicken!
Old 04-14-2014, 03:02 PM

Unfortunately, when you hear about a comfort dog, it may not be for a combat veteran with PTSD. The current fad among the Hollywood crowd is to send a couple hundred dollars to an on-line service that gives them a certificate stating that they need a confort dog and that their dog is so trained. Then they can take their dog with them when they fly around the country preaching to us commoners about driving a car that uses too much gas.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Sage

It is not only the Hollywood crowd doing that. I met a guy at Lake Sumter Landing who told me his dog (a Boston terrier) was his service dog. I laughed and asked what his dog did for him and he said the dog made him happy so therefore that (making the owner happy) was his service and he could take the dog into retaurants, fly free, into the movies, etc. The dog had a service vest the man told me he bought it on the Internet. The man was proud of the fact that he was scamming the Americans Disabilities Act.

It was a nice little dog. This was last summer on a very hot day. The dog was in the wooden stands at the square. You could tell the dog would have rather been home in air conditioning the way he was panting profusely - but the man did pour water into a little dish for the dog.

Hopefully, the man will read this post and realize how selfish he is being and stop doing this scam. I have very little hope of either.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts
Default pure arrogance

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
It is not only the Hollywood crowd doing that. I met a guy at Lake Sumter Landing who told me his dog (a Boston terrier) was his service dog. I laughed and asked what his dog did for him and he said the dog made him happy so therefore that (making the owner happy) was his service and he could take the dog into retaurants, fly free, into the movies, etc. The dog had a service vest the man told me he bought it on the Internet. The man was proud of the fact that he was scamming the Americans Disabilities Act.

It was a nice little dog. This was last summer on a very hot day. The dog was in the wooden stands at the square. You could tell the dog would have rather been home in air conditioning the way he was panting profusely - but the man did pour water into a little dish for the dog.

Hopefully, the man will read this post and realize how selfish he is being and stop doing this scam. I have very little hope of either.
There is always some arrogant jack### bragging about how proud he is to have scammed the "system." And there's usually a victim as a result--in this case, the little dog.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I cannot imagine bragging about scamming the system. Any system. Scamming is theft. Would anyone brag about being a thief? I too bought my dog the service vest and credentials online. I never used them. It seemed like a good idea at the time but my conscience just wouldn't allow me to do it.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:17 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Our dog Bailey is a comfort dog. He makes himself comfortable wherever he goes and thinks nothing about it. : )
Old 04-14-2014, 07:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Our dog Bailey is a comfort dog. He makes himself comfortable wherever he goes and thinks nothing about it. : )
We've had that problem too. 88-lb Comfort Dog making himself comfy on bed after ascertaining everyone is asleep--aka DiagalDog, SprawlDog, SnoreDog.

Somehow I don't think this is what they meant...
Old 04-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
My adorable little comfort dog, Precious, helps me with my @$&&!@# Tourettes. People just love her and just give her snuggles all the time.

The Villages Florida

Her sister, Princess, is not trained, but we love to take her out too. She loves to play kissie face, and people like to tease her and pretend they don't like her licking them.

The Villages Florida
OMG !!! LMAO !!!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Sage

Precious may need a bit of dental work soon!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Sage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Precious and Princess, coming soon to a restaurant patio near YOU.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.