Consignment shop near The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Default Consignment shop near The Villages?

We brought too much furniture and need to sell some. Is there a consignment shop near the Villages that will pick up furniture and sell it for you?
If not, any suggestions of places that will pick up the furniture and we can donate it to them?
Tired to sell it on TOTV but no takers.
Thanks!
Old 07-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Bargains and Treasures and Neerly New are two great consignment shops not only to sell things for you but to find some awesome stuff. They only take things in excellent condition. Bargains and Treasures sets the price and gives you 55 percent of the sales price. Very reliable and have been in business for quite some time.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Bargains and Treasures and Neerly New are two great consignment shops not only to sell things for you but to find some awesome stuff. They only take things in excellent condition. Bargains and Treasures sets the price and gives you 55 percent of the sales price. Very reliable and have been in business for quite some time.
We have consigned at Bargains & Treasures and were satisfied with their service. However, as far as I know of Neerlee New does not consign - they purchase used and some new furniture. We sold a desk to them in the past, but you don't really get a whole lot for your items because they need to cover the risk, expense and profit factors.

There is another consignment shop in Fruitland Park not too far from Neerlee New. It's called the Furniture Barn. We've purchased quite a bit from them, but haven't consigned. Furniture Barn Website
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 AM

I sold some furniture on craigs list. On the Ocala site.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Sage

Had great luck with Bargains and Treasures - actually ended up getting more after their cut then I had the items listed at for sale on TOTV!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Had great luck with Bargains and Treasures - actually ended up getting more after their cut then I had the items listed at for sale on TOTV!!!
Will they pick up the furniture?
Old 07-05-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganders View Post
Will they pick up the furniture?
Yes, Bargains and Treasures will come to your home and pick up the furniture. I've dealt with them quite a bit in the past, both buying and selling. The guys that came to the house to pick up the stuff I was selling were very careful and respectful of our home. I thought they gave us a fair price. I noticed Gracie said they give 55% on consignment. Things may have changed in the past few years (since I've consigned anything), but at the time I did, I got 65%.

Just give them a call and tell them you have items you'd like to sell. They are open from around 9 or 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (I think)...M thru Sa. Good luck! (p.s. we are from suburban Chicago).
Old 07-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Default Donating to charity

Habitat for Humanity comes and picks up your furniture if you want to donate to a local charity.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.