Curious about Trenton NJ

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2016, 05:27 PM
Default Curious about Trenton NJ

Both my wife and I were born and raised in Trenton, NJ. I attended Notre Dame High School, she attended Trenton Central High School.
Is there anyone else with a Trenton or Suburban Trenton background living in The Villages ?
Subsequent to the early Trenton years, we got married and lived in Morrisville, Pa and later in Yardley, Pa.
It is really a question of curiosity .........who else came from the city of Trenton.

Last edited by VEEMAN; 08-17-2016 at 05:32 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 08-17-2016, 05:37 PM
Platinum member

Our son and his wife just moved to Ewing NJ. We just visited them. So much history in the area. They are enjoying taking the train to both Phili and NY. We flew into Trenton Airport which is. near their house.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-17-2016, 05:58 PM

my teenage years were spent in Ewing, just down the road from Trenton State College (where I graduated from). Trenton State College was later renamed The College of New Jersey. Due to Ewing's centralized location, many people live there and commute to Philly and New York City. Mercer County Airport, located in Ewing Township is very busy these days.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEEMAN View Post
Both my wife and I were born and raised in Trenton, NJ. I attended Notre Dame High School, she attended Trenton Central High School.
Is there anyone else with a Trenton or Suburban Trenton background living in The Villages ?
Subsequent to the early Trenton years, we got married and lived in Morrisville, Pa and later in Yardley, Pa.
It is really a question of curiosity .........who else came from the city of Trenton.
There is one NJ club in the list of clubs.
See recreation at Village Community Development Districts
Old 08-17-2016, 07:26 PM

I am in the Villages but have a house in yardley. Taught at pennsbury for 40 years. Also lived in morrisville for a period of time. Frequently fly into Trenton from Orlando. Ready to head back to FL in September.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2016, 05:09 AM

"Trenton Makes...the World Takes"

It's pronounced "Trent-in"
Old 08-18-2016, 06:29 PM
Veteran member

Hubby went to Hamilton HS West.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:06 PM

My husband and I live in Bordentown, NJ. We bought a house but will not retire for a few years. Looking forward to our time in the Villages. I worked at Rossi's Bar and grill for many years. My father graduated from Trenton central High School in 1956. They are snowbirds and come back to New Jersey for the summer. There is a central nj group that meets monthly.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:22 AM

We lived in Yardley and I taught at Morrisville Jr/Sr High School way back when. I graduated with my masters from Trenton State-now the College of New Jersey. We used to sit on our screened in porch overlooking the canal (on the PA side) and watch the lights in Trenton and the Trenton Makes bridge. Welcome TOTV.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:29 AM

We lived in Yardley overlooking the canal. My daughter graduated from Pennsbury in 1983.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:54 AM

Grew up in Groveville, NJ. Graduated from Hamilton High West. Currently reside in WV. Bought home in TV and spend winters there.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEEMAN View Post
I was born in Princeton, NJ (is that close enough: Then we moved to Lambertville (also close to Trenton). Then moved to Morrisville, PA. I lived at the intersection of Buckingham Way and Penn Valley Road when I was a kid. Then moved to Crown Terrace also in Morrisville. Then moved back to Princeton, NJ
My grandparents had a beautiful Georgian home on Perdicaris Place in Trenton over looking the river (on the corner of River Road, which is now Hwy.29). Sadly it was taken over by eminent domain to make way for Hwy 29. Then they moved to Princeton, NJ. They owned the Luzerne Rubber Company in Trenton.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:20 PM

Perhaps our families could make contact when you return to The Villages in September. Our daughter graduated from Pennsbury High School. She relocated to Florida with us in 2009 went to nursing school and is a licensed RN working at The Villages Regional Hospital.
As for Morrisville......we lived on W.Franklin St My step-daughter graduated from Morrisville High School. Morrisville is a great little town.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:25 PM

"Tren-in" is the correct way to pronounce the capitol of Jersey..........
Old 08-24-2016, 10:09 AM

my buddy Sheldon rosen and brothers owned a bar in Trenton called leon and eddies in the 60s ,all have sinced passed away..
Closed Thread

Tags
trenton, school, attended, high, early

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.