Dealing With Rude People At The Grocery Store

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Default Dealing With Rude People At The Grocery Store

I have just returned from one of the most crowded, filled with rude people , places here in TV. All I wanted to do was to get my groceries and get out of there. Men and women stopping their carts anywhere to ck their lists, answer their cell phones, talk to a friend without regards to the flow of people trying to move up and down the aisles. The word "excuse me" was barely used, people just barged thru as if they were the only ones in the store. Please be aware of your surroundings, smile and do say, Excuse me to those around you. AND it's not even winter yet!!!!
Old 09-21-2014, 02:21 PM

Sounds like a typical trip to the grocery store on any weekend. If I could, I would only go grocery shopping between the hours of 1:00 am and 5:00 am where hopefully I would be the only idiot there!
Old 09-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki baker View Post
I have just returned from one of the most crowded, filled with rude people , places here in TV. All I wanted to do was to get my groceries and get out of there. Men and women stopping their carts anywhere to ck their lists, answer their cell phones, talk to a friend without regards to the flow of people trying to move up and down the aisles. The word "excuse me" was barely used, people just barged thru as if they were the only ones in the store. Please be aware of your surroundings, smile and do say, Excuse me to those around you. AND it's not even winter yet!!!!
I know....it's disturbing! Just keep a smile, says excuse me....and maybe others will learn by example.....probably not, but maybe......lots of old, cranky folks. Yes, I'm old; but I sure make a point of not being a cranky one.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:48 PM

We just came from Publix in Colony Plaza not that bad. Just slow checkout line.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

So....some parts of the Friendliest Hometown are less friendly than others......
Old 09-21-2014, 03:21 PM

Do NOT tell anyone ....

The Publix NORTH of Hospital on US 441 / 27 is pleasant,
staff is helpful and cheerful ,never crowed and always well stocked.

I live in Villages 6 1/2 miles from this Publix. Worth the drive.

It is between the Koyame Restaurant and Ollie's Frozen Custard.

I live 2 1/2 miles from Colony Publix.
Got tired of the pushy, me, me, me customers at the Publix in Colony.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki baker View Post
Are we suppose to guess where this was? What do we win?
Old 09-21-2014, 03:31 PM
Location: Carver, MA,Village of Polo Ridge in the future/snow birds/anytime birds.

It was probably Walmart. I go very early or very late. NEVER on the weekend.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:34 PM
Veteran member

Sorry for the aggravation, Vicki.

Quote:
The Publix NORTH of Hospital on US 441 / 27 is pleasant,
staff is helpful and cheerful ,never crowed and always well stocked.
I'm always half afraid the Publix at Spanish Plaines/Bella Cruz will close because it's never that crowded. Parking lot panhandlers aside, it's not unpleasant to shop there. I avoid going to the one at Spanish Springs/Bichara. Just navigating the parking lot is headache.

But then, I do sometimes slow down or stop walking while shopping to look at my list. I typically don't have a cart and try to stay off to the side of the aisles, but grocery shopping isn't a sprint for me. So basically -- I dislike slow people except when I'm one of them, then they're pretty great.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:56 PM
Gold member

Shop after 9pm when most of TV is getting ready for bed.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
Shop after 9pm when most of TV is getting ready for bed.
..... or first thing in the morning when the shelves are freshly stocked and only early birds are up and about.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I have found the best time to go to any store types in TV if avoiding a crowd is of primary concern....between the hours of 7 PM and 9 PM....most have had their geritol, and dinner and are snoozing in front of the television.

I, as usual, do not accept what is being presented is a general condition. Yes there are peole who shop as presented in their own little world. But most of the other 90% of us do it right. These type of posts are usually done after one's hot button has been tripped for what ever reason, which DOES NOT repesent a general condition.

So lets hear it for the 90% of us who enjoy our fellow man/woman!
Old 09-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I have found the best time to go to any store types in TV if avoiding a crowd is of primary concern....between the hours of 7 PM and 9 PM....most have had their geritol, and dinner and are snoozing in front of the television.

I, as usual, do not accept what is being presented is a general condition. Yes there are peole who shop as presented in their own little world. But most of the other 90% of us do it right. These type of posts are usually done after one's hot button has been tripped for what ever reason, which DOES NOT repesent a general condition.

So lets hear it for the 90% of us who enjoy our fellow man/woman!

Well said Billie.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:20 PM
Veteran member

The same thing happens in in Central PA and is not isolated to The Villages. I'm in the grocery store by 7:00 am and have the store to myself. It's wonderful!
Old 09-21-2014, 06:24 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
So....some parts of the Friendliest Hometown are less friendly than others......
Not at all! Some of those who shop in The Villages are NOT Villages residents and they just might bring their lack of friendliness with them when they shop here!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.