Deed Restriction Enforcement

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2017, 07:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghGal View Post
We are looking to buy ( staying here this month ) we want to be in a tidy community with some privacy , any suggestions ? And what do the tiny ,white crosses mean ? A pet died ?
The Villages is a tidy community....we run the untidy ones out of town.

Here is a thread on the little white crosses.
small white crosses?
No one is sure what they mean....................
Old 02-21-2017, 08:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You know I somewhat agree. TV have to have some restrictions on in home businesses & what goes on in & around your home just so some properties don't get like some cities that have bad end of towns. Then on the other hand, we buy properties that, (wink, wink), are suppose to own & it's like you don't own them because of so many things you can't do, so who owns them? I do know TV have to look after our best interest because if a neighbor says something to this person they might get violent. Where do you draw the line?
Old 02-21-2017, 09:30 AM

I am new to Villages. Live in Santo Domingo. Where do I find Deed Restrictions. I will be having new landscaping done and driveway designed next month. Don't want to start out not complying. Thank you, Doug
Old 02-21-2017, 09:54 AM
Default Download link for deed restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug526 View Post
I am new to Villages. Live in Santo Domingo. Where do I find Deed Restrictions. I will be having new landscaping done and driveway designed next month. Don't want to start out not complying. Thank you, Doug
Village Community Development Districts
Old 02-21-2017, 10:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoSteveO View Post
Your realtor should have given you a copy before you signed the contract. Go ask him/her.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Your realtor should have given you a copy before you signed the contract. Go ask him/her.
You think that is easier/quicker than just clicking on the link and downloading the document? It took me five seconds to be viewing my deed restrictions on the internet. If one has to look at their ID card to get their unit number, it may take up to a minute.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts
Default I will even give you the site to get the download....

Village Community Development Districts
Old 02-21-2017, 08:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
drop a dime on the cart business to the state & the IRS, any driveway business is most likely not paying taxes and handling hazardous waste correctly
I had to really think about the saying, "drop a dime." Funny how our language changes over time. In my lifetime I have only ever paid a quarter for a payphone call and when I asked my kids if they knew what "drop a dime" meant they had zero clue. Off topic a bit, but wanted to share anyway!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2017, 08:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Just want to say one thing about this. If you relly look at the restrictions there are many homes in TV that are in violation there are even some of the Districts items that don't comply. Having been turned in I won by the way I don't have sour grapes. 6 of my neighrs on either side of me are in violation but as long as it doesn't affect my property not my problem. I know that may sound dumb but I've seen what happens when one person getsturned in it starts a snowball. Another neighbor got turned in for a lawn ornament he was visited and told to remove it or be fined. Meanwhile the houses around him had similar items, the responsenot my problem turn them in if it bothers you. We need a TRUE deed compliance officer force. Just my opinion I know i'll get some backlash on this but !
Old 02-22-2017, 08:37 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Just want to say one thing about this. If you relly look at the restrictions there are many homes in TV that are in violation there are even some of the Districts items that don't comply. Having been turned in I won by the way I don't have sour grapes. 6 of my neighrs on either side of me are in violation but as long as it doesn't affect my property not my problem. I know that may sound dumb but I've seen what happens when one person getsturned in it starts a snowball. Another neighbor got turned in for a lawn ornament he was visited and told to remove it or be fined. Meanwhile the houses around him had similar items, the responsenot my problem turn them in if it bothers you. We need a TRUE deed compliance officer force. Just my opinion I know i'll get some backlash on this but !
I agree with you. Not only is it not my job but I'm too busy enjoying my life to worry over others' lives. It's just like every other government entitity understaffed. Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
if the board approves it, then it is golden and nothing you can do. If not, knock yourself out. But remember, you may have a heart attack one day on your driveway and everyone may turn their backs. Karma is a b*
Old 02-22-2017, 10:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
if the board approves it, then it is golden and nothing you can do. If not, knock yourself out. But remember, you may have a heart attack one day on your driveway and everyone may turn their backs. Karma is a b*
Your response to me makes no sense I have no desire to turn anyone in unless their violation affects my yard otherwise I dgas. As for me having a heart attack and no one helping don't get that part of your comment at all.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Your response to me makes no sense I have no desire to turn anyone in unless their violation affects my yard otherwise I dgas. As for me having a heart attack and no one helping don't get that part of your comment at all.
all apologizes, I thought you said you did turn them in (I am wrong). As for the driveway thing, it was to point out if someone turns in their neighbors then may need them one day.

Sorry for my mistakes
Old 02-23-2017, 03:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
all apologizes, I thought you said you did turn them in (I am wrong). As for the driveway thing, it was to point out if someone turns in their neighbors then may need them one day.

Sorry for my mistakes
No worries, we have so many AEDs here even if you do not contribute or they don't like you, the crew will come.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:09 AM
Veteran member

Approval from ARC, does not mean the work done is the same that was approved. There is no follow up to check if the work completed is what they were approved for, unless there is a complaint.
Closed Thread

Tags
rules, situation, disgusting, equally, questions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.