Deed Restriction Enforcement

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2017, 02:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com View Post
I am not understanding the comment about lawn art, etc, North of 466. I have been here, north of 466, for 17 years and was aware when built house that there was to be NO lawn art, including even a bird bath. And there was to be NO business run out of your house. I see no difference in the restrictions north vs south of 466. Any "over the top" lawn art is OUT of compliance.....
CDD-1 was the first and living here for almost 20 years the ban on lawn ornaments and white crosses now, have not been enforced. Nor was there a problem with the same on the original Villages located on the "historic" part of The Villages on the east side of US Hwy 441/27. Never bothered folks who moved here before. It wasn't broken, why "fix" it now? Each CDD has different rules and elected Supervisors, so why must they now be all the same?
Old 02-13-2017, 03:18 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
CDD-1 was the first and living here for almost 20 years the ban on lawn ornaments and white crosses now, have not been enforced. Nor was there a problem with the same on the original Villages located on the "historic" part of The Villages on the east side of US Hwy 441/27. Never bothered folks who moved here before. It wasn't broken, why "fix" it now? Each CDD has different rules and elected Supervisors, so why must they now be all the same?
Each district does have different restrictions that you signed at closing. Nothing's been changed, only enforcement of existing rules. Your district office will provide you with the correct information. Don't listen to half what you read here.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:20 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

from the District web site ->

Village Community Development District No. 10 (District) will be adopting its rule to Bring About Deed Compliance on February 16, 2017. Once the rule has been adopted, enforcement of deed compliance by the District will become effective March 1, 2017 and architectural control becomes effective May 1, 2017.
Prior to the rule being adopted, staff will be hosting public informational sessions regarding the new process. We invite you and request you invite your neighbors to attend one of the sessions. The date, time and location are listed below.
• Monday, February 13, 2017—Rohan Recreation Center from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Wednesday, February 15, 2017—Rohan Recreation Center from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
It is not necessary for you to call and confirm a date and we look forward to seeing you and your neighbors at one of the public information sessions!

I hope to make the Wednesday night meeting and would encourage others in 10 to attend.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
from the District web site ->

Village Community Development District No. 10 (District) will be adopting its rule to Bring About Deed Compliance on February 16, 2017. Once the rule has been adopted, enforcement of deed compliance by the District will become effective March 1, 2017 and architectural control becomes effective May 1, 2017.
Prior to the rule being adopted, staff will be hosting public informational sessions regarding the new process. We invite you and request you invite your neighbors to attend one of the sessions. The date, time and location are listed below.
• Monday, February 13, 2017—Rohan Recreation Center from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Wednesday, February 15, 2017—Rohan Recreation Center from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
It is not necessary for you to call and confirm a date and we look forward to seeing you and your neighbors at one of the public information sessions!

I hope to make the Wednesday night meeting and would encourage others in 10 to attend.
Information on this is limited. The other 9 districts have adopted this. I bought for the reason of deed compliance with the thought that anything really wanted could be brought to the district board for approval. I don't want a neighbor to put a basketball rim over their garage. Been there, seen that; a nightmare.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:01 AM
Email Reported As Spam

My wife and I had excluded the state of Florida early on when we began looking for places to retire "but for" The Villages and the strict deed compliance we would have never moved here.

It is sad to see people who just do not or cannot care for their property. While a small matter I have noticed several concrete driveways that have never been power washed and they are simply filthy.

I deplore fences and was pleased that deed restriction excluded them. Natural barriers add much to a development

Let's face the true residents have to police their areas and report violations because if we do not then we get what we deserve
Old 02-14-2017, 08:37 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I would encourage a policy by districts whereby only anonymous complaints submitted by same district residents to the accused resident are acted upon.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I would encourage a policy by districts whereby only anonymous complaints submitted by same district residents to the accused resident are acted upon.
Why ???
Old 02-14-2017, 09:07 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom g View Post
Why ???
I don’t want outside individuals on a mission to change what our local neighborhood will accept.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:26 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
I don’t want outside individuals on a mission to change what our local neighborhood will accept.
I wouldn't really worry to much about it. If someone who runs around with a copy of deed restrictions for every district to thumb thru and has time to drive all over the villages for that purpose I would say they unfortunately retired way to early, and should still be working.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by donh57 View Post
i wouldn't really worry to much about it. If someone who runs around with a copy of deed restrictions for every district to thumb thru and has time to drive all over the villages for that purpose i would say they unfortunately retired way to early, and should still be working.
like!
Old 02-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
DEAR TWO PLANE.

You signed the deed restriction. Relax. It works very well. It is pretty close to PERFECT here...and gradually it will seep into your very soul.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-14-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
If one is violating restrictions , I don't care who turns him in .
Old 02-14-2017, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Don't listen to half what you read here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Let's face the truth - residents have to police their areas and report violations because if we do not then we get what we deserve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
If one is violating restrictions , I don't care who turns him in .
That seems fair to me, for those residents that deliberately violate deed restrictions.
If the violation isn't deliberate, then the resident would probably be happy to correct the problem.
After all, we're talking front yards only, and violations that are noticeable.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Are we not all Villagers?
Old 02-14-2017, 02:56 PM
Platinum member

As an example, most of the people on my street could be sited for breaking one or more golden rules/deed restrictions. However, I enjoy what I see and would dislike the harmony and creativity of our street disturbed by others/outsiders/those not living near to the situation.

I am just expressing my feelings on this subject as others have expressed theirs. I can’t say if time will change my opinions.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 02-14-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
rules, situation, disgusting, equally, questions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.