Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Outsiders??
Old 02-14-2017, 09:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Outsiders??
I think (I don't know for sure) he might mean Villagers living outside his neighborhood. As an example, a year or so ago a Villager from outside our neighborhood drove all through Tamarind Grove writing down violations and addresses, then emailed them to deed restriction. Someone realized this email would be available via the sunshine law and got a copy of it. The person's name was in the email, and that's how we in TG know that it wasn't even one of our own Villagers.

Not condoning or condemning... just saying this might be what TPK means.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
My wife and I had excluded the state of Florida early on when we began looking for places to retire "but for" The Villages and the strict deed compliance we would have never moved here.

It is sad to see people who just do not or cannot care for their property. While a small matter I have noticed several concrete driveways that have never been power washed and they are simply filthy.

I deplore fences and was pleased that deed restriction excluded them. Natural barriers add much to a development

Let's face the true residents have to police their areas and report violations because if we do not then we get what we deserve
I'm probably a minority, but I really miss a fenced back yard for my pups (2 small girls) to run in. Had a wrought iron black fences in the back yards of our KC and STL homes. Will not take them to any dog park here anymore because of aggressive dogs in the under 30lb. side; I promised a guy that if his dog made one more attempt toward either of my dogs, I would stop the threat. I guess he saw I meant business when I brought out the expandable 30" steel baton.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I'm probably a minority, but I really miss a fenced back yard for my pups (2 small girls) to run in. Had a wrought iron black fences in the back yards of our KC and STL homes. Will not take them to any dog park here anymore because of aggressive dogs in the under 30lb. side; I promised a guy that if his dog made one more attempt toward either of my dogs, I would stop the threat. I guess he saw I meant business when I brought out the expandable 30" steel baton.

I use an Invisible Fence around my yard, but I think you have a great backup suggestion for dogs who want in and are aggressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-14-2017, 11:19 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I think (I don't know for sure) he might mean Villagers living outside his neighborhood. As an example, a year or so ago a Villager from outside our neighborhood drove all through Tamarind Grove writing down violations and addresses, then emailed them to deed restriction. Someone realized this email would be available via the sunshine law and got a copy of it. The person's name was in the email, and that's how we in TG know that it wasn't even one of our own Villagers.

I remember that because it was properly handled by the authority as filed 13 and Taminand Grove wasn't the only village false restriction violations were reported. Plain abuse of what should be a good system by actual violations.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I use an Invisible Fence around my yard, but I think you have a great backup suggestion for dogs who want in and are aggressive.

Wait a minute... are you serious, DB? Just curious.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:50 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
I have never met a fence I liked and I have seen developments where they have destroyed the ambiance and beauty of an area. Fences also make for unfriendly neighbors.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:02 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
As an example, most of the people on my street could be sited for breaking one or more golden rules/deed restrictions. However, I enjoy what I see and would dislike the harmony and creativity of our street disturbed by others/outsiders/those not living near to the situation.

I am just expressing my feelings on this subject as others have expressed theirs. I can’t say if time will change my opinions.
And what if you didn't enjoy or like what you see. I lived in a development that contained all cul de sacs. The color scheme for homes were earth tones no fences allowed all natural barriers. Until one day a guy two blocks over redid his home bright pink.

the neighbors all banded together and forced the guy to go back to a earth tone.

Without deed restrictions I make a wager it wouldn't be long before you find your neighbor has his car in the driveway sitting on blocks.

I went golfing with my neighborsthe other day every single golf cart despite age looked pristine and that reflects on the manner in which they maintain their property. I believe their is a valid correlation
Old 02-15-2017, 08:42 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:

Yes! Thanks for the help in clarifying my thoughts. For neighbors to encourage neighbors to keep things pristine is one thing, to create troubles for everyone is something not desired.

I would encourage a policy by districts whereby only anonymous complaints submitted by same district residents to the accused resident are acted upon.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 02-15-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Outsiders??
Quote:

I still don't consider people not living in my village to be outsiders. Yes, I knew what he was saying.........
Old 02-15-2017, 08:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Wow!
Old 02-15-2017, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Wow!

Of course, the problem might be that while owner A is protecting his dog with a steel baton, owner B might decide to protect his dog with a gun. If owner A has a gun, owner B will have an AK 47, if owner A has an AK 47, owner B will have a hand grenade. Beware dog owners in the park that show up in full body armor!
Old 02-15-2017, 11:36 AM
Sage
Default Deed Restriction Enforcement

Quote:
Wait a minute... are you serious, DB? Just curious.

No. I would report aggressive dogs to animal control. But if one came after my dog in our yard, I would deal with it very harshly. Over Thanksgiving my brother's very large lab grabbed my 17 pound dog by the neck and started shaking him. I kicked the lab as hard in it's windpipe as I could. It immediately dropped my dog. Luckily my dog was ok. My brother's was as well, but I think he has since put the dog down. This was not the first time the dog had done that, and a prior attack resulted in serious injury to a smaller dog.

Old 02-18-2017, 12:01 AM

May 1, district 10, May 1
Old 02-18-2017, 12:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
No. I would report aggressive dogs to animal control. But if one came after my dog in our yard, I would deal with it very harshly. Over Thanksgiving my brother's very large lab grabbed my 17 pound dog by the neck and started shaking him. I kicked the lab as hard in it's windpipe as I could. It immediately dropped my dog. Luckily my dog was ok. My brother's was as well, but I think he has since put the dog down. This was not the first time the dog had done that, and a prior attack resulted in serious injury to a smaller dog.
Like DB, I would never harm a dog unless it threatened another dog. And then, all bets are off.
I understand kicking a dog in the windpipe if he is shaking a small dog.
I've been taking my dog to various dog parks for over sixteen years, and he's never had a problem,
but I keep him well away from any dogs that look "iffy".
Closed Thread

Tags
rules, situation, disgusting, equally, questions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.