Defective whole house water filter

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2016, 07:44 PM

Thanks, nice explanation. Bill
Old 02-06-2016, 08:25 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfjr View Post
I have had my NOVA system in my villa for over three years and no problems. When I moved to a larger home last year, the 1st call I made was to Bob who installed the system. He is one of the most knowledgeable persons I know when it comes to water and filtration. His system is top quality and I really like that there are 2 pressure gauges, 1 going into the filters and the other as the water leaves. I check the pressures every 2 months and when the difference is more than 5 lbs., I call Bob to replace the filters. This takes away guessing as to when to change!
Thanks Bob for your product and more for your service.
The gauges are cool looking also!
Old 02-06-2016, 03:53 PM

For what its worth, my gauges read 74 psi incoming and just a shade lower outgoing. That's in Winifred.
--
Bob C
Old 02-06-2016, 04:57 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Good pressure but remember, the cartridges need a change based on time & gallons.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Filtration View Post
Good pressure but remember, the cartridges need a change based on time & gallons.
Yep, its only been 3 months since it was installed, so I think I'm probably ok until the Fall. Thanks Bob.
--
Bob C
Old 02-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
Is there really a system that can make FL tap water taste good? I have a feeling I would find that on the same shelf as the 3-legged unicorn.

Seriously, does such a system exist? In the 25 yrs I’ve lived outside of FL I’ve returned to being a tap water drinker. I was disappointed knowing I would have to return to bottled water if I move back to FL.
I drink the tap water in my house all the time. It's very good.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:18 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

12 months works for most folks, easy to remember a yearly anniversary.

Or should I say most (anniversaries)

Old 02-07-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
Is there really a system that can make FL tap water taste good? I have a feeling I would find that on the same shelf as the 3-legged unicorn.

Seriously, does such a system exist? In the 25 yrs I’ve lived outside of FL I’ve returned to being a tap water drinker. I was disappointed knowing I would have to return to bottled water if I move back to FL.
We had Bob install the three stage filter system right after we purchased our home here and the water improved instantly. We noticed that you do get a bit of a charcoal smell from the new filter (the third stage), but that goes away after a few days. We drink the tap water all the time and it is quite good, and a LOT better than without the filters.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Sage

Great glad you're happy with the filter.

charcoal has no smell, I think you may have needed to flush the old water out of the pipes.

But it all good now

Tags
filter, water, house, casing, plumber, flooding, garage, broke, resulting, doors, turn, goodness, open, home, system, trust, longer, place, flooded, filters, sediment, thread, american, problem, replaced

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.