Developer purchases MORE land

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2017, 11:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
About time we had our own Airport!
Extremely expensive, depending on the level of service wanted. Some interesting stories about airports that were built at the costs of $millions that have completely flopped with enormous losses.

Careful what we wish for, we may get it.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:43 AM

Anyone knows when they expect the road construction for the carts to be done and opened?
Old 04-26-2017, 04:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
Are they going to build more hospitals?
A CON ( certificate of need ) needs to be applied. State can send a denial at any time. Due to the influx of winter months than decrease for rest of year it could be difficult. More urgent cares would lighten the load on ED. It's the same rules for every state.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
A CON ( certificate of need ) needs to be applied. State can send a denial at any time. Due to the influx of winter months than decrease for rest of year it could be difficult. More urgent cares would lighten the load on ED. It's the same rules for every state.

Nope. There are states that do not require CoNs to build a hospital at all. You can build a hospital but it requires rigorous approval of plans. So you build your hospital and let the market decide if it will do well.

In NV, though, you can build your hospital, but must get approval for certain high level services like an NICU. There are lots of states like NV.

CoNs are found mainly in the North East. The South and Southwest are generally pretty open as far as allowing hospitals to be built. Even CA is fairly loose on building new hospitals, but relatively involved in high end services.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-28-2017, 08:33 AM
Gold member

FYI...The Villages have added the sites of several new planned villages to their official map. Go to this website and you can zoom in on the land south of 44 and see the locations of each village.

The Villages - Map
Old 04-28-2017, 10:41 AM
Gold member

Does this now make Brownwood the center of TV? Maybe why the new hospital planned for the Brownwood area was cancelled to move it further south.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:33 AM
Location: Pennsylvania, new home in the Village of Osceola Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
The Villages has purchased 652 acres of land south of County Road 44 that will guarantee golf cart access down to the Village of Fenney and the Village of Southern Oaks.

The announcement of the purchase was made Saturday night at a meeting for Villages sales associates.

The land is located near the Rohan Recreation Center south of County Road 44 and along County Road 468.
Well, BOOM! There it is! Many of us called this long ago... and here it is! I say a GIANT WONDERFUL! The Villages, Florida, the BEST PLACE for RETIREMENT on EARTH! Bring it on, bring it all on!
Old 04-29-2017, 12:10 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duppa View Post

Well, BOOM! There it is! Many of us called this long ago... and here it is! I say a GIANT WONDERFUL! The Villages, Florida, the BEST PLACE for RETIREMENT on EARTH! Bring it on, bring it all on!
Whoop, Whoop !!! I love it !
Old 04-29-2017, 12:27 PM
Veteran member

Now my house in Hillsborough is no longer on the southern end - it is in the Middle!
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 04-29-2017, 10:26 PM
Sage

It's great the developer will have a stake in the villages for the rest of our lives. Amen
Old 04-29-2017, 10:46 PM

I was looking at homes in Fenny about a month ago. 3 separate salespeople told me it wasn't possible to answer yes OR no regarding future access to other Villages by golf cart. All 3 seemed very ethical to me by saying that.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliezappa View Post
I was looking at homes in Fenny about a month ago. 3 separate salespeople told me it wasn't possible to answer yes OR no regarding future access to other Villages by golf cart. All 3 seemed very ethical to me by saying that.
Just like the movie "Independence Day", it's called plausible deniability. They simply are not privy to the developers future plans.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duppa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliezappa View Post
One reason, among many, that the Villages Developers are successful ....
They don't jeopardize their negotiation process by talking about their business plans ahead of the announcement dates.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

One reason, among many, that the Villages Developers are successful ....
They don't jeopardize their negotiation process by talking about their business plans ahead of the announcement dates.
Maybe one of the seven new villages could be annexed by Canada and you could live here year round. (And deliver lobster)
Old 04-30-2017, 01:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Maybe one of the seven new villages could be annexed by Canada and you could live here year round. (And deliver lobster)

Or at least have a lobster pond which could be stocked by Canadian drones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tags
county, road, land, south, village

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.