Developer purchases MORE land

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2017, 07:01 AM
Sage
Default Developer purchases MORE land

The Villages has purchased 652 acres of land south of County Road 44 that will guarantee golf cart access down to the Village of Fenney and the Village of Southern Oaks.

The announcement of the purchase was made Saturday night at a meeting for Villages sales associates.

The land is located near the Rohan Recreation Center south of County Road 44 and along County Road 468.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170423_074644057-2.jpg
Views:	2985
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	68007  
Old 04-23-2017, 07:08 AM
Location: Detroit area, Da UP, 6 states and 2 countries in 21 years Army, now Duneden

Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Now watch for the white space to start getting filled in and move further south. Orlando, here we come.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Don't expect your property values to rise anytime soon
Old 04-23-2017, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Don't expect your property values to rise anytime soon
I will say what I have been saying. Baby Boomers are retiring at about ten thousand a day for the next 19 years. I think our property values are pretty solid.

We aren't stupid and we bought here, why shouldn't a lot of them?

AND someone is going to build around us, I would prefer it is the Morses. They have the hang of it.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Fact or fiction ? Were not the present purchasers of new homes in Fenney told there would be no golf cart connection ?
Old 04-23-2017, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Fact or fiction ? Were not the present purchasers of new homes in Fenney told there would be no golf cart connection ?
Up until Saturday night......that was the truth.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Up until Saturday night......that was the truth.
Perhaps they purchased because there was to be no connection. Wonder if they have to wait a year before selling. Sounds like a breach of an implied contract.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Perhaps they purchased because there was to be no connection. Wonder if they have to wait a year before selling. Sounds like a breach of an implied contract.
??????
Old 04-23-2017, 07:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
We were told when we looked at a house, at the present time they did not own the property to connect by golf cart. However they were in negotiations and we're hopeful. You can choose to take your golf cart wherever you want. Now it will be golf cart accessible Fenny residents will have less cars from our part of town to drive down to use their amenities. Our neighbors who bought were hoping for cart access.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
We were told when we looked at a house, at the present time they did not own the property to connect by golf cart. However they were in negotiations and we're hopeful. You can choose to take your golf cart wherever you want. Now it will be golf cart accessible Fenny residents will have less cars from our part of town to drive down to use their amenities. Our neighbors who bought were hoping for cart access.
Thanks - that is a lot different then being told there would be no connection. Sounds like honesty did prevail.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Since I do not have any idea of what was on peoples minds when they bought in Fenny. I can't even answer that question. We would Buy because of the house, the walking paths, zero entry pool, nature
Old 04-23-2017, 08:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
??????
What's the question quick draw ?
Old 04-23-2017, 08:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
What's the question quick draw ?
Gosh, Thank you. No one has ever called me that and I had perfectly good Dale Evans capguns back when.

I think that people will adjust to having a cart path to Fenney and all will be well. We are usually used to plans being changed unexpectedly...at our age.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Gosh, Thank you. No one has ever called me that and I had perfectly good Dale Evans capguns back when.

I think that people will adjust to having a cart path to Fenney and all will be well. We are usually used to plans being changed unexpectedly...at our age.
My post was sincere - I could understand some people wanting to live in The Villages with a little bit less hustle and bustle. In fact my thought process was / is anyone that purchased in Fenney probably wanted a little isolation. Thus what exactly were they told on one of the biggest investments of their lives. I don't know - I'm asking.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:36 AM
Sage

Quote:

But we will need more gas stations enroute, and I think electric golf carts will have greater difficulty making long hauls. (P.S., I had a Gene Autry outfit - chaps, gun & holster.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tags
county, road, land, south, village

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.