Developer purchases MORE land

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
So you can drive your golf cart down to Highway 44 from Fenney or from the existing Villages north of 44. But how do you get across??? Since the development of areas adjacent to Highway 44 on the north side, there have been multiple serious traffic accidents at all Village streets intersecting 44 (Morse Blvd, Buena Vista, and Powell Rd). These have all involved vehicles attempting either to cross or turn onto this Highway which has a speed limit of 55 mph. And this is despite the fact that there are traffic lights at all 3 intersections. Add golf carts to the mix and who knows what the carnage will be.
I seriously doubt that the developers will be able to acquire permits to tunnel under this Highway or to build a bridge over it.
Greed at work!!!
You you don't think they will be able to get over or under the highways you have been living under a rock. The plans are in place just not announced yet.

Greed at Work? I always thought the idea for businesses was to make money. As far as I can tell they will continue until they can't. ITS the AMERICAN way!
Old 04-23-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
yea this is a real surprise. Your going to need a lottery system to get a tee time
LOL, there will be three more Championship courses, and the answer is and always is, if people don't like it move!
Old 04-23-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
No they didn't do it at BV. I agree that it shouldn't be a problem.
They did cross BV at 466A, and 44 is narrower. I should said 466A
Old 04-23-2017, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
yea this is a real surprise. Your going to need a lottery system to get a tee time
I was curious, so I went to look how may open tee times were available for tomorrow (this is Sunday) at all Championship courses.
There were 92 foursome tee times before noon and I quit counting............
Looks like it will be awhile before a lottery system is needed.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
LOL, there will be three more Championship courses, and the answer is and always is, if people don't like it move!
3 champs is new news.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
3 champs is new news.
"So let it be written, so let it be done" Time will tell, heck no one is could believe what has transpired over the last year!
Old 04-23-2017, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
"So let it be written, so let it be done" Time will tell, heck no one is could believe what has transpired over the last year!
I agree, Dave. I was thinking 3 champ courses just based on the number of homes, and about a dozen or so execs as well. Probably another town square, 2 regional rec centers and 2 shopping plazas. And let's not forget the obligatory 176 branches of Citizen's First
Old 04-23-2017, 04:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
Excellent point. Village sales agents are concentrating on new homes. Preowned is secondary. Those of us who own preowned homes and hoped to be able to realize a deceit profit will be lucky to make back what we paid for it if we owned less than 5 yrs, especially when you deduct all those sale fees. Great for the developer. Not so great for the home owner IMHO

When a lot of us bought here it had nothing to do with seeking a profit. Any profit will most likely go to our kids. I have no interest in leaving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-23-2017, 04:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
3 champs is new news.
We were told two for sure, three a possible
Old 04-23-2017, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

It's nothing but good news that 44 is not the stopping point. The Villages should be connected from top to bottom. It makes us one community as it should be.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2017, 05:54 PM

With the present drought and the bottling of nearby water , my only concern is where will the water come from ?
Old 04-23-2017, 05:59 PM
Platinum member

Actually The last Baby Boomers will turn 65 in 12 years.

Remember, a lot of the last Boomers will not have pensions like many of us do.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Went for the big ride today and visited Fenney. Beautiful entrance under the oaks and ponds. About 2 tenths of a mile past the beauty looks like the Mohave desert. Oh yes I know the landscaping will grow fast. If you pay close attention kissing lanai's have been perfected along with the above ground eyesore utilities between them. Toured two open houses low end $179 - 200K. Good quality - I didn't see it. Bad quality - I didn't see it. Passes code is what I seen. Not for me- needs much more disclosure of why I would want to be there. I actually think not being connected to The Villages (less hustle and bustle) would be a better sales feature than if it is the same. Why would you want to be there. The few premiere houses (and I said few) that are around the entrance Oaks and ponds were nice.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
It's nothing but good news that 44 is not the stopping point. The Villages should be connected from top to bottom. It makes us one community as it should be.

[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-23-2017, 07:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post

Well said.

Tags
county, road, land, south, village

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.