Disrespect of all Village employees

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Default Disrespect of all Village employees

I would like to know why more residents are showing disrespect to Village employees. It seems that none of us ever do things right.
It doesn't matter if you are working at a golf course ,gate or at a recreation center. Most of us are doing the best that we can. we enjoy what we are doing and just want to help with making your day more enjoyable.
If someone doesn't smile or accept your complaint with a smile , you feel that you have been wronged and want to report us to have us lose our job.
All I would like to have is an honest answer to this question.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

I can only control my own behavior.
I respect my fellow neighbors that are working in The Villages.
I have a name for those that you refer to, but would rather not post that name on here.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili557 View Post
I would like to know why more residents are showing disrespect to Village employees. It seems that none of us ever do things right.

It doesn't matter if you are working at a golf course ,gate or at a recreation center. Most of us are doing the best that we can. we enjoy what we are doing and just want to help with making your day more enjoyable.

If someone doesn't smile or accept your complaint with a smile , you feel that you have been wronged and want to report us to have us lose our job.

I don't know who is disrespecting you. I told the chef st Bonifay today how much I enjoyed the food and her staff. I've told the folks who plant the flowers along our roads "thanks" for making my neighborhood so beautiful, the golf course maintenance crews thanks for making it so much fun to play golf here, etc. I appreciate everyone who makes this such a nice place to live.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I feel for you, but it is some villagers, not all villagers. AND those who are so rude and impatient and unfair to people who are working, shame all of us.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Shame on them!!! When you encounter the rude just repeat to yourself. Lord forgive them for they know not what they do. Smile, and you have a wonderful day, let them be their miserable self!!
Old 09-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts
Default Sorry to hear this!

I am fairly new hear and have had nothing but outstanding results from village employee's. They are friendly and eager to answer any rookie questions I may have. Course I sure there are some of the well to do's that think the world stops for them and get off on making somebodies day BAD, but I haven't seen it yet.

By the way, Thank You! for your service and to all the villages empolyee's. I for one appreicate it beings I just left work force. I too remember the days the bear tried to eat me, but I smiled and kept on truckin..
Old 09-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

First your attitude shown in this post might be part of the problem, but it appears from your post that you are young or inexperienced.

Life, jobs, relationships, whatever are not always perfect. You are not always appreciated, you WILL be treated rudely.

Satisfaction of your job comes from YOU and inside.

If you have chosen to work and have a career in hospitality or anything kindred, come to grips with the fact that each day will not be perfect. All you can do is YOUR JOB everyday to the best of your ability with a smile on your face, and remember what your job is....NOBODY owes you a thank you.....they EXPECT you to do your job.

That is life and is not going to change.

On the plus,you will have those days where someone appreciates everything you do and that will make up for it all.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Sage

Every employee I have encountered so far has been friendly and competent. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:36 PM

I think part of this could be a difference in customs from place to place. I am not from New York but worked there for many years, and it took me a LONG time to get used to the abruptness of New Yorkers. Here in The Villages, there are polite Midwesterners and charming Southerners and demanding Northerners all jumbled together. There are bound to be misunderstandings.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:52 PM
Default New York! New York!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkmaine View Post
I think part of this could be a difference in customs from place to place. I am not from New York but worked there for many years, and it took me a LONG time to get used to the abruptness of New Yorkers. Here in The Villages, there are polite Midwesterners and charming Southerners and demanding Northerners all jumbled together. There are bound to be misunderstandings.

I wonder if any of us Midwesterners, Southerners or Hillbillies(such as myself)etc. could have handled 911 with the bravery, efficiency and class as did Northerners in New York. I was and am completely in awe of them and I think they're just great. The ones I met in TV seemed free of a lot of b.s.ing, under the guise of charm, found in the rest of us. Viva New York!
Old 09-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkmaine View Post

Amen to that.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Matzy

Some people don't know what does it mean to have respect. It is a kind of education and acceptance. I know how hard it is to do a job as best you can without any kind of honor.
I learned a long time ago that the best weapon against ignorance and disrespect is a smile. So, mostly I am smiling wherever I am and guess what? People smiling back, on the street, during shopping or strolling around.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
First your attitude shown in this post might be part of the problem, but it appears from your post that you are young or inexperienced.

Life, jobs, relationships, whatever are not always perfect. You are not always appreciated, you WILL be treated rudely.

Satisfaction of your job comes from YOU and inside.

If you have chosen to work and have a career in hospitality or anything kindred, come to grips with the fact that each day will not be perfect. All you can do is YOUR JOB everyday to the best of your ability with a smile on your face, and remember what your job is....NOBODY owes you a thank you.....they EXPECT you to do your job.

That is life and is not going to change.

On the plus,you will have those days where someone appreciates everything you do and that will make up for it all.
Wow, I guess you make the point.....
My spouse worked with the public here for over seven years and came home EVERY day with a story about an unbelievable rude or obnoxious customer. Still persevered through the garbage until an opportunity presented itself that would not require public interaction. It is truly unfortunate for all the customers because they lost an outstanding person that has dedicated themselves to customer service. Attitudes like this, "just be happy you have a job" or "you knew what you were getting into when you took the job" that so many people around here exhibit are what led to the loss of an employee that LED the company in positive performance evaluations. Secret shopper evaluations at 100% but left because of over the top rudeness and sometimes flat out meanness. Sorry, your loss in the long run.
Now we just wave at you in our golf cart and enjoy our lives ......

Dr. Seuss
Old 09-12-2014, 09:45 PM

I have met wonderful Villages employees! The lady who works at the gate to the historic side is one such example. She smiles at each person coming through the gate and never fails to offer a kind word. Today it was "have a frivolous Friday!" She makes me smile and I appreciate her kindness. These people make our lives here in paradise just so much nicer. Take a minute to acknowledge them, please!

Old 09-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Sage
Default Disrespect of all Village employees

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdlfan View Post
Wow, I guess you make the point.....

My spouse worked with the public here for over seven years and came home EVERY day with a story about an unbelievable rude or obnoxious customer. Still persevered through the garbage until an opportunity presented itself that would not require public interaction. It is truly unfortunate for all the customers because they lost an outstanding person that has dedicated themselves to customer service. Attitudes like this, "just be happy you have a job" or "you knew what you were getting into when you took the job" that so many people around here exhibit are what led to the loss of an employee that LED the company in positive performance evaluations. Secret shopper evaluations at 100% but left because of over the top rudeness and sometimes flat out meanness. Sorry, your loss in the long run.

Now we just wave at you in our golf cart and enjoy our lives ......

I want to sympathize with you (and the op), but you really do make it sound like ALL Villagers are rude and mean. If an employee feels like that, I can't help but think there's more to the story than just Villagers' attitudes.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.