Do you love your neighborhood?

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2017, 08:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

We really like our neighborhood in the Village of St. James. We back up to St. Charles and across the street is Southern Star. Worried about the foot and vehicle traffic when we first moved in but didn't notice it after a week; the view of the golf course is great. The neighbors are great; just wish more than a couple of them played championship courses.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:09 AM
Smile Caroline Village is Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanentvacation View Post
Do you love or dislike your neighborhood and why? Examples might be your awesome neighbors, proximity to entertainment or shopping, golf courses, etc. I realize this is a very subjective question. Different strokes for different folks. I'm curious to hear what people have to say about various areas of TV. PS - Feel free to PM me if you wish.
We live in Caroline Village, which is in the very CENTER of the entire Villages. We can take a leisurely walk into the gazebo in Lake Sumter Town Square in 20 min. We can cart to Spanish Springs in 20 min., Colony in 15 min., Southern Trace in 20 min., or Brownwood in 25 min. We hardly ever use our car because this is such an excellent location. And the best part of all - we have excellent neighbors! We all know each other and take turns having driveway parties, look our for each other, etc. Even though living anywhere in The Villages is a terrific location, we still LOVE CAROLINE the most. :-)
Old 02-27-2017, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We are very happy living in Country Club Hills. The neighbors are amazing. People at the pool from other parts of TV remark about how nice everyone is. We usually move every 3 years, we will be staying over here for sure.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Have to say we love our neighborhood as well (Lake Deaton but only about 2-300 yards off Hillsborough. The Hillsborough pool is 5 houses down, the family pool 1/4 mile, Eisenhower 3/4 mile and Brownwood 1 1/4 miles. The golf course view is amazing, the house is well designed. But best of all are the neighbors. We have the usual monthly driveway parties, as well as special events every other month. My wife was hospitalized about 2 months after we moved in and didn't know many people---yet someone was bringing me dinner every day and a few went and visited her in the hospital. My granddaughter just visited last week and a neighbor brought us boxes of toys and books that her grandchildren use when they visit. If I had any minor negative comment it would simply be that the general landscaping is immature (along the roads, etc., but time should change that as well.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:38 PM
Default Love it!

We love our neighborhood! We live in Gilchrist West. It is very quiet and our neighbors are all very warm and friendly!
Old 03-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Default Pine Ridge

We live in Pine Ridge and are very happy with it. The neighbors are very friendly, kind and most of all helpful. 5 minutes golf cart ride from Colony, the new Walmart Neighborhood Market, 5 min from Moyer Rec Center, 5 min from Golf Academy and several courses. We often ride up to Brownwood or to Lake Sumter Landing with no problem.

We moved here from Hillsborough which we also enjoyed, but the management found a house she liked much better.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

On third village, each unique in its own way. We do love Duval, easy to get to anywhere we want
Old 03-02-2017, 11:12 AM

We are in Village of Pinellas and very pleased. Younger neighborhood so easy to make friends. Newer homes so I feel it's more likely to appreciate. We are walking distance to two pools, about a mile from shops (grocery store, restaurants, gas, salon etc.) near the library, two rec centers and a short cart ride to square.

What I don't like is that Brownwood has been very slow to grow. I would love to see more restaurants, women's clothing shop etc. go in there and sooner rather than later!
Old 03-03-2017, 03:53 PM

We live in Charlotte and I wish we didn't! People aren't all that friendly, have their own groups they run with and not much in the way of activities. We are so disappointed.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SookeyJo View Post
We live in Charlotte and I wish we didn't! People aren't all that friendly, have their own groups they run with and not much in the way of activities. We are so disappointed.

New people are always moving in. Give it time.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:45 PM
Veteran member

Can't imagine there being a better place to live than Antrim Dells next to Brownwood!

Old 03-10-2017, 05:18 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Today, I went to the annual garage sale in Bridgeport at Lake Sumter with my brother. The homes were beautiful as were the enormous lots with fantastic views. My wife continually tells me to not be envious of others. After returning to our house in the Village of Lake Deaton which is a little different than what I saw at Late Sumter, I am satisfied and happy with what we have. I love our place in the bubble.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:35 PM
Veteran member

We love Dunedin. Close to golf, pools, shopping and we have a very active, inclusive social club. We have multiple neighborhood golf groups also. As a result of it being new we tend to be the youngsters of the villages (50's and 60's)
Old 03-11-2017, 07:45 AM

We love Winifred, one entrance reduces car traffic. However, we do have 3 golf cart access points! Very quite as we sit on lanai and look out over pond to Arnold Palmer course. Great neighbors to top it all off.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Love love love Lynnhaven. Close to LSL, grocery stores and Arnold. Super wonderful neighbors!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Me too in Lynnhaven. Quite good neighbors for the most part even though two of my favorite people moved back to Ohio to help with the grandkids. Really miss them.

We have been here since June 2005. Prior to the Villages, our neighbors in Palm Harbor, FL could be a little trying as one side had a house owned by a criminal defense lawyer and it seemed he sometimes rented it to his clients. One neighbor raised pit bulls in cages in his garage and wound up bringing the animal rights groups to egg his house because he dragged one of his pit bulls through the neighborhood with his car instead of walking it. It bled so much that the cops followed the blood trail to his house after a kid called the police. Quite a media coverage of that in papers and on the local Tampa Bay news stations. All of them!!

Another neighbor at the same house liked to check up on his wife if she was having an affair by flying low over the house in his Coast Guard helicopter. Same criminal defense lawyer was his and her landlord as well.

A few of these probable criminal defense lawyer clients as tenants were nice though. I do not want to overgeneralize.

Things seem a little relative.

In Northern CA near Santa Rosa when we lived there movie production crews would park across the Fairway from us while staying at the Red Lion Inn about 300 feet from our back door. Made for some interesting walks with my pooch Amber the square cocker spaniel. She was well liked by some of the people strolling around the golf course. We lived bordering the golf course.

The Villages' neighbors are quiet relaxing compared to some other places.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 03-11-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
love, neighborhood, curious, folks, question

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.