Do you volunteer?

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel222 View Post
I see Volunteer Opportunities published in The Sun often... There seems to be many, many volunteer places available and I'd like to hear from all who do volunteer. Please describe the volunteer work, how long you've participated and why you do it...
Last year someone told me that groups like Operation Shoebox has too many volunteers...I don't know if that's true or not but it seemed strange to me..
Thanks!
I volunteer at a local animal sanctuary and have been there for nearly two years. To answer your question on why I do this type of work - hum. The animals I care for come from crisis, neglected situations and their strength to forgive has been a life lesson in itself. It is great therapy to go there (I work full time and it's a wonderful stress reliever), walk the dogs, clean pens, get filthy dirty and leave with a bunch of doggie kisses (sorry to those who don't understand). I feel blessed. Plus, so many of The Villagers have donated bedding and other items that has shown how fabulous people can really be. It was definately stepping outside my comfort zone to volunteer at the sanctuary and it's one of the best things I've ever done for myself. I hope you find your niche' - go for it!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.