Driving is getting frustrating

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2014, 07:11 AM
Gold member

Like many of us, I have a smart phone and it has a camera. I would turn in my seat and take a picture of the "idiot" driver and make sure they know what you're doing. You probably won't do anything with the picture, but they don't know that.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 04-15-2014, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I would be very careful what you do to someone who has already demonstrated a temper. Remember the story of the driver in TV who pulled a gun on a woman's husband who asked him to get out of the opposite (wrong) lane he was driving in so his wife could drive down the street? That was just recently.

I would ignore it and let it go. As 2BNTV would say, don't let that person rent space in your head.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I would be very careful what you do to someone who has already demonstrated a temper. Remember the story of the driver in TV who pulled a gun on a woman's husband who asked him to get out of the opposite (wrong) lane he was driving in so his wife could drive down the street? That was just recently.

I would ignore it and let it go. As 2BNTV would say, don't let that person rent space in your head.

I remember this instance just last year that someone who had just moved here a few weeks before smacked an older woman passenger near Colony and hit her son the driver with a baton..
Crazy - Road Rage incident in The Villages
Old 04-15-2014, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I remember this instance just last year that someone who had just moved here a few weeks before smacked an older woman passenger near Colony and hit her son the driver with a baton..
Crazy - Road Rage incident in The Villages
You can't trust us newbies down south of 466!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
You can't trust us newbies down south of 466!
Are the newbies South of 466A considered Hillbillies?? If so, do they have moonshine??
Old 04-15-2014, 07:56 AM
Platinum member

I would have just carried on with my trip ignoring the person who honked the horn. It really has nothing to do with your driving, which was fine. It all has to do with her own behavior.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 04-15-2014, 07:59 AM
Sage

Quote:

I remember that posting. I wonder in what tone of voice and in what words did the husband " ask" the driver to move. I also doubt the truth of the poster as she was asked several times for where it happened but did not post anything further.

But, yes, do not antagonize people. Throwing your keys into their car is umday.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I know. Another thread on bad drivers but here goes anyways. As I was coming from Morse turning into Sanibel, I was the first car arriving at the residence gait. I noticed the gait was already in the up position. I figured it was broken and nobody had put the "stop" sign out for cars to stop before going through the gait. So, being cautious, I stopped when approaching the gait so as not to continue thus risking hitting any carts that may have wanted to cross. The minute I stopped, the lady behind me laid on her horn. There were probably 3 cars waiting to enter. I rolled down my window and yelled back to her that I was stopping so as not to hit any carts. She continued blowing her horn. Had this woman been the first on through the gait, she would have put lives at risk for not stopping prior to going through the gait. Why was she in such a hurry? Was it worth possibly killing someone to get through that gait without making a stop? Common sense says that if the gait is open when you get there you should stop prior to entering.
Just get out of your car and put the hood up. Now the honker will look like a jerk honking at a disables car. I used to do that on my motorcycle at toll booths. People would get impatient waiting for me to get money out of my pocket. So I would get off the bike and pretend it quit running. They would be sooooooooooo mad but really had no recourse.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Just get out of your car and put the hood up. Now the honker will look like a jerk honking at a disables car. I used to do that on my motorcycle at toll booths. People would get impatient waiting for me to get money out of my pocket. So I would get off the bike and pretend it quit running. They would be sooooooooooo mad but really had no recourse.
Ah yes, rewarding someone's bad behavior with your own bad behavior. Very much in line with what we all taught our children.

Someone honks their horn at you. It is annoying but did no harm. Let it slide.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
PS. According to many, those of us from north of the Mason Dixon are Yankees. Not so!

In USAF Basic Training I was told that" anyone North of Shreveport LA, was a damn Yankee!"
Old 04-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
.... If you have/are driving a car you have too committed all of these acts. You have honked your horn, failed to signal your intent to turn, run a stop sign or red light, have purposely gone slow because you are trying to find a street number, business, etc. Or you purposely slow up to upset a driver behind you whom you feel is too close for comfort.
There is some truth to the above.
We've probably all annoyed someone else with our driving.
But I haven't driven our SUV on any golf cart paths.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
There is some truth to the above.
We've probably all annoyed someone else with our driving.
But I haven't driven our SUV on any golf cart paths.
Barefoot; yea that's the ultimate mortal sin along with driving into a building.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.