Drunk and Disorderly at Old Mill Playhouse

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2014, 10:02 PM
Sage

Philly people are easy going and not easily upset.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:41 AM
Default Drunk and disorderly.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerbaby View Post
My husband and I were at that show 5:10 and saw and heard it all. They were 2 rows behind us and when they walked passed us it smelled like a brewery. I thought one of them was going to fall down the stairs he was so unsteady. They came in that way and I could not believe that they let them in when they ripped their ticket they had to see the way they were and had to smell them. A month ago 2 other young guys came in and as they were going to their seat they were yelling and making a scene I was frightened and did tell the usher he thanked me but nothing was done. One guy actually fell asleep the rest of the movie. Both times it has been the old mill theatre. I thank your wife for complaining because when he came back in I was going to go out and complain if there was anymore nonsense but he must have gotten his friend and they both left and never came back. I am going to stop down there this week and ask to see the manager and make sure she is aware this has happened twice. I am also going to ask her why ushers arent coming in the movie a couple of times and actually walking up the stairs and checking the theatre out. They always do that in ny.
Perhaps the ushers should be bouncers.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:14 AM

I stopped going to the movie theater years ago for this very reason. Some people talk through the entire movie. I'll watch movies in the private and quiet living room of my home.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:42 AM
Sage

Sooner or later they're going to get into a motor vehicle @ that time the they're fair game for a DUI--follow them and get their tag #
Old 10-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Why is it PIC to call it Frisco and yet people still say Philly? Even the police use @PhillyForce.
Think you answered your own question. San Franciscans don't call The City Frisco. Never have, doubt they ever will. Philadelphians call Philly Philly. Kind of like calling someone who prefers Katherine Kathy. Tis rude.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-18-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Why is it PIC to call it Frisco and yet people still say Philly? Even the police use @PhillyForce.
It's easier to spell....and better than other nicknames I have heard over the years...
Old 10-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Default Ah, a fellow Judge Judy fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
If the two younger people were very loud, drunk, and very disruptive, you should gave gone to the lobby and told the manager if they were not ejected that you would call 911 - and followed through on the action.

Asking for a refund AND wanting to stay is ridiculous. Either they were SO annoying that you had to leave or you stayed. You stayed and should not get anything.

You cannot eat the steak and then complain it was inedible. (Judge Judy 101)
She is funnier than Seinfeld.

Going to the lobby and giving the manager a choice of ejecting the louts, or even calling the cops himself/herself, might have been the best way to go. In this day and age, people never know when objecting to misbehaving people will result in a bullet or knife to the chest. Damn shame.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:31 PM

I think calling the police would have been the way to go. I'm surprised that in a theater full of people that no one called. The police are trained how to deal with drunken and disorderly behavior. It would be interesting to call the local police department and find out what their response would have been even after the fact.
The theater manager's response is even more incredible. What if one of the drunkards started throwing beer cans and someone was injured? Not many in the audience would hesitate to make that first call to lawyer!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.