E-Z Go vs. Yamaha Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: E-Z Go vs. Yamaha Golf Cart

I have been anxiously awaiting someone answering Buc's question, but since no one did I thought I would bump this thread one more time and ask it again. My husband is 6'4" and Buc said he is 6'6" (so we can sympathize with his question) and we are wondering if there are any cart manufacturers that have a roomier interior than others. Maybe even so far as to have a tilt steering wheel. My husband can't get his legs under the normal steering wheels in a golf cart and has to have his knees off to the side of the wheel. Most carts have their cup holders right there and they dig him in the side of the leg. He also has a problem with his head touching the ceiling in the cart and his line of sight is over the top of the windsheild. Just wondered if anyone else has run into this issue and how they solved it. Thanks
Old 07-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Send a message via AIM to stjade

The Columbia Par car can be ordered with an adjustable seat. Not sure if it will solve your problem,but something to check out. :don'tknow: Steve ??? ???
Old 07-16-2008, 05:28 PM

Hi we are also looking and were told the following info.

If you have a crash and EZ go cart is riveted and hard to dismantle and work on.
Yamaha I really liked.
Club cars number 1 in sales and easy worked on
Star cars has potential problems. Several class action law suites against the maker. So ask questions. I believe they are Korean or Chinese made. Parts may be a problem.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:48 AM
Veteran member

A few electric / gas comments:

most new carts warranty (Club car, ez-go, par car, yamaha ) the batteries for 3 or 4 year. Rebuild and Star carts warranty them for only 18 mts to 2 yrs when I checked in Feb 08,

I can go from one end of TVs to the other end, play 9 holes of golf and come back with lights on in my 08 Club car precedent. Yes it takes 8 hrs to get a full charge but you can do a partial charge with no problem and if your back and rear end can take more then that amount of driving in a cart your a tougher dude then we are. Go for it!

With Electric you simply plug it in when you get home you don't have to search for a gas station and make a special trip. BTW I understand the gas station at the South End of the villages by Colony cottage went out of business so make sure you travel to 466 or 441 and have enough gas to get to a gas station.

Come to think of it I guess there is one thing an electric cart can't do > its backfire like those carts seem to like to do.

BTW the new 2008 E-Z GO models have recall, over 20 people have been injured by the hip restraints breaking and people falling out of them.

Electric!

Old 07-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Sage

Something you might want to know:

Not all golf cart warranties are transferrable.

We bought a six-month old Columbia Par Car which still had a lot of warranty left. When we called Columbia to request that the warranty be transferred to our name, we were told by Columbia that the warranty is not transferrable!

Old 07-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjade
The Columbia Par car can be ordered with an adjustable seat. Not sure if it will solve your problem,but something to check out. :don'tknow: Steve ??? ???
Steve, are they adjustable for tall people or for short people? We shorties have to sit on the very edge of the seat. Not comfortable at all. :'(
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 07-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Send a message via AIM to stjade

uujudy--yes it moves forward,my wife is 5'1 and feels comfortable--steve
Old 07-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Platinum member

:bow: ThankYouThankYouThankYou, Steve!
I added it to my Villages list of important things to know!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 07-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Veteran member

Today we purchased a 2009 E-Z Go electric Freedom cart with the new wing back seat/back. Added 20x10x10" Aluminum mag wheels. Should be ready in a few weeks. We're not in a hurry as our close isn't until 9-30.

I highly recommend (thanks to Village Kahuna) Town and Country Golf Carts. Tim or Kyle are great to work with. Honest and up front about what options or upgrades are worth the extra money. Four year warranty on parts and labor.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:46 AM

Re: Battery Charging
The idea of fully discharging a battery DOES apply to Ni-cad and LIon batteries such as cel-phones, etc., which can develop a memory if not fully discharged. It does NOT apply to a wet-cell storage battery such as a golf cart battery.

The 80% discharge rule mentioned earlier is correct according to any storage battery mfg I have talked to. If you're not happy with TROJAN, which is a very well thought of battery, you might try Rolls, they are the KING of battery mfg's and make THE BEST deep cycle batteries. They are owned by the Surrette family who sold Surrette Battery to a Canadian firm many years ago (I think).

The life of the battery is heavily dependent on the quality and thickness of the plates in the battery. This is not something that you can tell from the outside of the battery. Rolls makes batteries with the heaviest plates in the industry, hence, longer life (with proper charging schedule). They specialize in special purpose batteries for trucks, boats, locomotives, and electric vehicles.

No, I'm not their rep, just a satisfied experienced user.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.