Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Eggscellent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
As funny yokes go...it was pretty good.
It certainly cracked me up...
Old 09-26-2016, 10:51 AM

Perhaps we are simply providing the '"recognition" they are wanting via this thread? Recognition of obvious stupidity, plus several ideas that may not have yet have popped into the vandal's empty heads for other objects to toss and do much greater damage. I had a friend who was killed because of this type of stuff so it's hard to be "cute" about it. I suggest the appropriate action is to notify the sheriff immediately after the incident rather than giving recognition on this forum. Cell phones would be useful and most people have one. ----IMHO----
Old 09-26-2016, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
Perhaps we are simply providing the '"recognition" they are wanting via this thread? Recognition of obvious stupidity, plus several ideas that may not have yet have popped into the vandal's empty heads for other objects to toss and do much greater damage. I had a friend who was killed because of this type of stuff so it's hard to be "cute" about it. I suggest the appropriate action is to notify the sheriff immediately after the incident rather than giving recognition on this forum. Cell phones would be useful and most people have one. ----IMHO----
My post seemed insensitive to you and I didn't mean it that way.

Folks handle stressful news in different ways and some joke about it.

I meant to say that I am just glad no one was hurt, and I hope they catch the little monsters.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-26-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:47 AM
Platinum member

So true....it was just an egg.

I so, so much get really irritated when people refer to a whole group of kids as "white trash". Do some research folks. There are a lot of really good kids that live in the surrounding area. Don't bunch them all as "trash". That is so very wrong.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post

I so, so much get really irritated when people refer to a whole group of kids as "white trash". Do some research folks. There are a lot of really good kids that live in the surrounding area. Don't bunch them all as "trash". That is so very wrong.
I agree with you gerryann....until you are the one with egg on your face. The first thought that would come to mind would be way worse than W.T.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
The people who don't agree with your assesment of these fine youts obviously doesn't come from our neck of the woods. I feel you were restrained with your comments. It's an eye for an eye isn't it? Imagine if it was someone you cared for that was struck. These kind of things must be nipped in the bud or the entire operation will suffer as this could be just the beginning of worse things to come. We deserve to feel safe. This is not good. It may be the gateway to bigger things for whoever it was. RickeyD

Listen to krazorbackfan....he was exposed to this garbage for his whole career.

I was a loving ******* to my kids. The youngest one was Charles. In his exit interview and final father son meeting that he called before being picked up to go to Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn he felt the need to tell me how rough I was as his dad. He told me how unfair it was that he needed to maintain a little part time job and attend school everyday and the real killer was he had to be home by 11pm even on the weekend. He felt I was to tough on him. I told Charles even though my heart was breaking that I was proud that he wanted to serve our country and that my goal was to deliver him at the age of 18 with no criminal record or drinking or drug problem to the world. I told him I never hit him which was another goal that I accomplished. I then shared with him that I got my butt kicked on a regular basis from my dad and wanted to never do that to him and that when he had kids he can let them hang out till 3 or 4 am. He got a whole lot off his chest and left with the recruiter at about 4pm.

After boot camp he came home for a visit and asked for another meeting where he thanked me for being a ******* with him because he met people where nobody cared what they wore what they ate or if they came home. He is excelling in the Army now. It is 100% due to his will to excel and not a reflection on us as parents. We did our best and now it's up to him to find his way and be happy. All I know is he wouldn't throw an egg at anyone. Mrs Nucky was the best mother a kid could ask for. She was always much more approachable than I was. The boys could talk to her about anything and always did. It was a good cop, bad cop team that worked.

I hope these egg kids have someone who cares about them.
Great story.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post

The really good kids didn't throw the eggs. And if one were inclined to throw eggs why select senior citizens driving a golf cart ? These kids weren't raised properly, who themselves weren't raised properly and it goes on and on.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
The really good kids didn't throw the eggs. And if one were inclined to throw eggs why select senior citizens driving a golf cart ? These kids weren't raised properly, who themselves weren't raised properly and it goes on and on.
I agree with you on this. Kids who vandalize didn't know MY mom.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

[QUOTE=kcrazorbackfan;1295287]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
You are correct. My nasty comment in retaliation for a very nasty thing these "little snots" performed. I don't drive my cart at night with the windshield up until it hits 50 or below. If those "little ****s" hit this person in the face we might have been talking about a very different outcome.[/QUOTE]

I would then be on a "search and retaliate" mission at that point.

Even after all the years I spent as a LEO , I'm still perplexed as to why kids and young people do some things they do (I've got bad adults figured out, they're just idiots). It all comes down to "spare the rod and spoil the child". Every kid nowadays gets a participation certificate/trophy and kids rarely get their butts busted for wrongdoing.
I have to disagree, egg throwing and other pranks did not just start "nowadays". I remember similar things in the 1950's & 60's. And many didn't get "their butts busted" then either.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:08 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

When I was a teenager somebody egged my car and I did not get it off soon enough. Eggs can do some real damage if they are allowed to dry enough to stick to the paint. Nonetheless I would rather have my vehicle hit with an egg than keyed or hit with something like a pumpkin which is readily available this time of year.

When I was a child one fine Sunday my father was driving us around and a teen from an oncoming car threw an ice-cream cone which hit our windshield right in front of my father's face. He had to stretch to see out enough to pull us over safely. Teenagers tend to thoughtlessly commit pranks which are potentially dangerous.

I am also careful where I park. Some folks just do not care whether they ding the car next to them when they open their door, even in retirement communities. Too, I choose not to park in places such as downtown Detroit, Baltimore or Charlotte these days!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 09-26-2016 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
Do you really think some numnut kids are reading TOTV, much less their parents who know their darling little children can do no wrong? Calling the S/O is fine and dandy, if they respond quickly. If it happens to my wife or I, and when (not if) I can catch them, then I will take the approach of holding them there until a Deputy arrives.

Tags
cart, heard, bridge, night, thrown

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.