Elizabeth "Liz" Berning Welcome Wagon - Scam

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXNana View Post
I am not in The Villages yet, but our Welcome Wagon folks get their information on what property has sold, from Realtors. In The Villages they have a different titles, but the bottom line is they all sell real estate. If the individual coming is representing Welcome Wagon, is there any difference between getting the sold property info from her husband or simply another sales person?

If Ms. Berning is saying she is from Welcome Wagon and is not, that would be a scam. It would be inappropriate for her husband to disclose personal information concerning new residents in The Villages under those circumstances.
I am not sure, I guess to me it just seems a little unfair if you think that your information is being passed down from someone who actually works at The Villages. I am not qualified to say whether or not it's a legal issue or just in poor taste. It's only my personal opinion. As far as the Welcome Wagon is concerned, it's just another marketing ploy. Even if she is using the name "Welcome Wagon" it seems as though it's supposed to come off more as a part of an official Welcome Committee.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Whole lot of speculation going here.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:11 AM

Some speculation i agree, yet the few facts are... She says she's the welcome wagon and she's not and she says she works for the villages and she does not..

Last edited by loveinthesun; 05-13-2014 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Personal
Old 07-02-2014, 01:51 PM

I want to add an update to this thread - I just moved into the new section south of 466A and guess who showed up? The Welcome Wagon lady but this time representing herself as being from Talk of the Villages. Her materials had the TOTV logo and so forth. I love TOTV so I gave her my name and phone number. Within a few minutes of her leaving, the calls started. Then, I got a personal visit from the Pegasus water lady. What was coincidental about that was the cable company tech was here setting up my service and he had been talking up Pegasus. He finished but hadn't left, was stalling, and then lo and behold, what a coincidence, she showed up. Not being the shy, retiring type, I sent her packing and slapped a No Solicitation sign on my screen door. Was it coincidental that the cable company tech was talking up Pegasus and she arrived shortly thereafter? Day before yesterday my new neighbor got the Welcome Lady, fell for it, and shortly thereafter was the proud owner of a $5,000 water filter system. The TAS outfit with the sales guy representing himself as working for GE. A GE logo on some cheap shirt does not make you a GE employee. She asked for my help to get herself out of the situation. She wouldn't let them in to do the install and they were sitting in front of her house waiting for the sales guy to make a reappearance and reclose the sale. He and I had words - he thought I was quite rude. But he left, the installation tech left and she was left to write her rescind letter to get out of the contract. These people are crooks. They prey on the unassuming, uninformed and I think it's criminal. I would like to hear if one of the earlier posters had any luck getting thru to GE or someone at TV to see what they had to say. I'm still mad. Nothing like a good fight, but really necessary?
Old 07-02-2014, 03:52 PM

wow! the troubling things that go on in paradise below. is this place really such a happyland?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.