Enrichment Academy replaces Life Long Learning

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2017, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
You're right, I don't see either an attempt to compromise which dismays me. Here in our hometown I have chosen to go without interpreting services because I prefer that the money goes to fund social programs for needy people - esp children who are our future.

Instead if I need to be "enriched," I use the computer or the library. Besides I do like the idea of using my computer in my nightie and with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine with crackers and cheese.

However if the others want interpreting services because it is their legal right to have them, there is not much we can do about it. We cannot legislate morality as you said in one of your postings.

The ADA needs to be overhauled or clarified further.
You are a good and decent person and I apologize for reading you wrong.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Based on Janet Tutts comments, there will be plenty of lawyers making sure whatever they do will be ADA compliant....and I suspect that some way that will come out of our pockets.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-14-2017, 10:46 AM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Based on Janet Tutts comments, there will be plenty of lawyers making sure whatever they do will be ADA compliant....and I suspect that some way that will come out of our pockets.
Yes, I think so too. As for being ADA compliant, there is a way to get around ADA regulations and still be in compliance.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:16 PM
Gold member
Default I agree re" under thirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
And lawful residents under thirty won't be able to attend? Doesn't seem fair to me.

Wonder how much these new classes will cost. My gut feeling is they'll be at least triple what previous classes were.

As to not disrupting present activities, I can more or less buy this statement. A lot of the rec center room usage was for previous classes. It may be more difficult for new clubs to get a room, though.
My first year of college at the ripe old age of 19 the school cafeteria welcomed people from the state retirement facility. Unfortunately, not many of they came. I did befriend a brilliant guy in his 80's and I learned far more from him then from too many of the professors.

I also took some night courses where ???? about half the class were vets and/or working people. Again, it was a great leaning experience.

Perhaps, whomever came up with that 30+ would find a note from their parents OK.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Gold member
Default For my view

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I for one am sick and tired of our move to progressive liberalism.
For the people who can't hear I do have sympathy BUT, your hearing issues did not just start when you signed up for classes. YOU HAVE A SOLUTION THAT YOU USE EVERYWHERE ELSE.

I expect, what happened is that people WITHOUT THINKING, signed up for a class action suit. Once the case got started and once they realized that realized rather than a HUGE PAYDAY for the atty that started this THEY WOULD, THEY DID, DESTROY THIS FOR THE OTHERS and they could not stop the case once it was started.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:39 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

As of today (April 21, 2017), the Judge ordered both parties in for a settlement conference to resolve the case. He will be scheduling the conference.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:50 PM
Veteran member

Today (April 25, 2017) the Judge scheduled a telephonic settlement conference with counsels for both parties on May 3rd at 10:30 am.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Veteran member
Default Trail Update

As of today (May 3, 2017) the Judge is continuing the telephonic settlement conference by conferring with each side individually.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
As of today (May 3, 2017) the Judge is continuing the telephonic settlement conference by conferring with each side individually.
Thank you for the time you are putting into this matter so that the rest of us can learn of the settlement litigation. I for one appreciate what you are doing. I have a husband who is hearing impaired and would never ask for special treatment, and no one ever knows he has a hearing problem!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You know I don't know why they let a small group of people (hearing impaired) protest the Lifelong Learning Center in the first place & got that shut down. This just sounds like the exact same thing only changing the name of it. Don't know why TV don't grandfather these clubs & other things in we have & to me they wouldn't be having these issues of trying to think how they can bring it back. Sounds like with all of these dollar figures in the article that someone is going to have to pay for something that we already had. Well time will tell & like they always say, "If it's sounds to good to be true, it probably is".
Old 05-28-2017, 06:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
As of today (April 21, 2017), the Judge ordered both parties in for a settlement conference to resolve the case. He will be scheduling the conference.
Update (May 28, 2017): The hearing for the settlement conference is scheduled for June 12, 2017 at 9:00 am. Counsel are to bring their clients this time.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
One of my husband's favorite sayings is "Why worry? If it does happen, you will have worried twice. If it does not happen, then you will have worried for nothing."
I really like this saying.

Quote:
Update (May 28, 2017): The hearing for the settlement conference is scheduled for June 12, 2017 at 9:00 am. Counsel are to bring their clients this time.
Thanks EPutnam for this information.
Closed Thread

Tags
courses, learning, enrichment, academy, district

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.