Family Pools

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
Maybe a petition should be made to the Morse's to see what could be done re: this.
No petition necessary ..... this is why we have an Annual Survey. If enough people request a change via the Survey, the developers will certainly consider it. I personally feel the pool situation is fine as is. I think having an adult pool plus a family pool in every neighbourhood is genius.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
No petition necessary ..... this is why we have an Annual Survey. If enough people request a change via the Survey, the developers will certainly consider it. I personally feel the pool situation is fine as is. I think having an adult pool plus a family pool in every neighbourhood is genius.
I believe that you're absolutely right that things are "fine as they are." However, "fine as they are" is not a "dead end street" and can usually have room for "but can be improved" added to it. Kiddie pools are not a necessity in TV, but neither are bird cages, spas, pools and other luxuries many of us add to our homes! Just saying!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Kiddie pools are not a necessity in TV, but neither are bird cages, spas, pools and other luxuries many of us add to our homes! Just saying!
But choices we make to our homes only require the decision of the homeowners (assuming ARC approval). Doesn't hurt to put your thoughts into the survey, that's why they do it. But I would bet the family pools situation will remain status quo.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

This to will pass.......
Old 04-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
But choices we make to our homes only require the decision of the homeowners (assuming ARC approval).
True, but I don't see any relevancy to the point I was making in it's full or partial context!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
True, but I don't see any relevancy to the point I was making in it's full or partial context!
My point was that you were saying those things we add to our homes are not necessities and neither is a kiddie pool. But WE as homeowners can easily decide to add these non necessities while it would take a large majority of homeowners to override the current pool situation.

Maybe you could restate your point? I don't see how what we do with our homes has any baring on what the developer does with the pools.

I guess I just didn't get your point.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Thanks, Gracie. I, too, love the little ones and know for a fact that you do.

My point is/was that you can teach them that when there are rules, they are to be observed. This doesn't mean that you don't love them...quite the contrary. Children are going to love their grandparents even if they don't let them have what they want. They will still love them even when they don't get to drive the golf cart, play on the billiards tables, take any items they desire to the pool, etc. It's up to us to guide our youth to be good, caring, and responsible adults. We can do that and still have great, memorable times together.
Beautifully said!
Old 04-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
I believe that you're absolutely right that things are "fine as they are." However, "fine as they are" is not a "dead end street" and can usually have room for "but can be improved" added to it. Kiddie pools are not a necessity in TV, but neither are bird cages, spas, pools and other luxuries many of us add to our homes! Just saying!
Quote:
My point was that you were saying those things we add to our homes are not necessities and neither is a kiddie pool. But WE as homeowners can easily decide to add these non necessities while it would take a large majority of homeowners to override the current pool situation.

Maybe you could restate your point? I don't see how what we do with our homes has any baring on what the developer does with the pools.

Sorry Skyguy, but like Russ, I think I missed the connection. The Developer would presumably be called upon to pay for Kiddie Pools if the majority of people wanted them. Whereas home improvemements (like birdcages) are individual expenses made by the home owner.
Gold member
Default another thought

I'm guessing that most of you who think the "no toys" rule is just fine do not have grandsons between 5 and 18. The annual survey is a nice place to input your ideas, but who will really care about this unless they have grandchildren (and particularly boys) in the above age range. I think most kids from 8-18 would think our family pools are boring.

But why not have a few (maybe every 4th one) family pools designated as "family activity pools" where you are allowed certain toys and maybe even have volleyball games for teens and parents and grandparents during the busy periods? Those with little kids can go to the other pools. Those adults who don't want to be splashed should go to the adult pools anyway (IMHO).

Quote:
But choices we make to our homes only require the decision of the homeowners (assuming ARC approval). Doesn't hurt to put your thoughts into the survey, that's why they do it. But I would bet the family pools situation will remain status quo.
Apples and oranges.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
I'm guessing that most of you who think the "no toys" rule is just fine do not have grandsons between 5 and 18. The annual survey is a nice place to input your ideas, but who will really care about this unless they have grandchildren (and particularly boys) in the above age range. I think most kids from 8-18 would think our family pools are boring.

But why not have a few (maybe every 4th one) family pools designated as "family activity pools" where you are allowed certain toys and maybe even have volleyball games for teens and parents and grandparents during the busy periods? Those with little kids can go to the other pools. Those adults who don't want to be splashed should go to the adult pools anyway (IMHO).
As I indicated in my previous post, my Grandsons are 5 and 9. They couldn't give a rip about the restriction on pool toys. They still had a good time. If I explained the contents of this thread to them they would say "whatever Grandpa....lets go for a drive in the golf cart!"

Just saying... I don't think the kids care. I know mine didn't.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
As I indicated in my previous post, my Grandsons are 5 and 9. They couldn't give a rip about the restriction on pool toys. They still had a good time. If I explained the contents of this thread to them they would say "whatever Grandpa....lets go for a drive in the golf cart!"

Just saying... I don't think the kids care. I know mine didn't.
Nor do mine, eight of them under 12.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:

Russ, I think you're reading more into this than what I actually stated. However, I'll try and restate my point, but I'll be doing it without bringing in anything else that preceeded the statement you reacted to...

My main point is that "just because the family pools are fine as they are, that does not mean that there is no room for improvement."

The rest of the post was secondary and made to in effect state that a kiddies pool is no less a good thing than the bird cages, etc. What it was not was a negative against those personal items. Perhaps I could have worded this latter item better, but I guess I'm not smart enought to know how then and I still don't know how I could have made it better even now!

One final statement to all... I don't think that I generally feel any different about the family pools than most who have expressed themselves on this thread. I consider those pools to be a positive thing for everyone, even as they currently are, but they're just not for me, and that's for personal reasons only.

When I brought up the idea of kiddies pools, I was just trying to share an idea that I've seen or experienced and thought it was a positive idea that warranted my sharing. We can differ in opinion about it, but I do hope people took it for what it was intended... food for thought!
Old 04-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Family pools

When we were at the family pool the kids had a small, soft ball which they were tossing back and forth. That is a no-no. He said it is pretty much like, "if it is fun...you can't do it." From his mouth to God's ears!

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
When we were at the family pool the kids had a small, soft ball which they were tossing back and forth. That is a no-no. He said it is pretty much like, "if it is fun...you can't do it." From his mouth to God's ears!

Agreed. Memason - a day or two without pool toys is fine, but longer . . . is boring.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.