Fenney to Airport

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2017, 08:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

TV sales reps are not REALTORS ! Do your own due diligence in all issues.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

The most important reason to learn how to spell Morse is so that your GPS will accept it and not send you off to Timbuktoo.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
TV sales reps are not REALTORS ! Do your own due diligence in all issues.
Actually there are some TV Reps that are realtors. They have left other businesses to come here and work.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Actually there are some TV Reps that are realtors. They have left other businesses to come here and work.

Perhaps, but now they hail to a new Caesar.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:37 AM

We asked a sales rep while in Fenney how long to MCO and he said it takes 30 minutes less than driving from the northern part of The Villages. We often fly into Tampa instead of Orlando. It is about an extra 15 minute drive according to MapQuest but that does mot include the minutes we always get stuck waiting at toll booths. Also TSA security always takes longer at Orlando.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsten Lee View Post
We asked a sales rep while in Fenney how long to MCO and he said it takes 30 minutes less than driving from the northern part of The Villages. We often fly into Tampa instead of Orlando. It is about an extra 15 minute drive according to MapQuest but that does mot include the minutes we always get stuck waiting at toll booths. Also TSA security always takes longer at Orlando.
I think THAT is a possibility of what the sales person said. (Instead of it takes 30 minutes) Sometimes people don't catch things right.

None of the sales staff have to lie or exaggerate any thing to sell the homes here. This is the fastest growing place in the country.

The rest of us who already live here made the right choice. Our homes are a solid financial investment and we get to live HERE. This beautiful place!!!
Old 04-14-2017, 07:58 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomoe1954 View Post
Can someone tell me the estimated time to get from the Village of Fenney to the Orlando Airport? A realtor is telling me about 30 minutes but when I look on Google maps it is more like 56 minutes.
Must have been the guy I talked to.......

This is the conversation between me and a young guy, a sales rep, in a patio villa, in Fenney........

Me: So--if I run out of milk, how long does it take to get to the closest Publix?

Sales Rep Guy: 3 minutes.

Me: By helicopter?

Sales Rep Guy: Well, I drive a little fast......maybe 5 minutes.

Me: (said nothing, just rolled my eyes)

......Well, I knew there was no way I had been told the truth, but I said to Mr. Boomer, "Let's time it on the way back home." It was 10 and a half minutes, with Mr. B driving maybe slightly over the limit--even though I told him not to. Anyway, we got to Lake Deaton Publix in 10 and a half minutes--with absolutely no traffic.

......and the moral of the story is that while there are many excellent, honest, hard-working TV sales reps, there are a few who seem to think we are stupid--or have no respect for their elders--or whatever--and they will say the damnedest things, thus completely making fools of--not us--but themselves.

And soooooo.....if you are looking for a TV sales rep, whether as a buyer or a seller, you don't have to take the first one you talk to. And if you don't know anybody to ask, go to Open Houses and see how the agent on duty operates. Talk with the agent, ask a few questions, listen and learn.

........Oh, and, btw, Lake Deaton Publix is really nice. If Colony is your usual Publix and the parking lot is full, you know the store will be packed and the shelves will be getting skimpy. Lake Deaton Publix is not that much farther and your shopping will be a whole lot easier.

Last edited by Boomer; 04-14-2017 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Spelled damnedest wrong
Old 04-14-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
......there are many excellent, honest, hard-working TV sales reps, there are a few who seem to think we are stupid--or have no respect for their elders--or whatever--and they will say the damnedest things, thus completely making fools of--not us--but themselves.
It may be that the sales rep didn't actually know. True story: We were shopping for a house in Kansas City. A 30-year-old Realtor said that he was driving to Des Moines, Iowa the next day and that it would take him an hour. As we were moving from Iowa and had made the trip several times, we knew that was a three-hour drive. He was genuinely surprised when we suggested he should leave earlier the next day.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I am sitting in the Orlando airport right now. Took me 55 minutes from Brownwood to the airport parking lot.
What time of day was your travel?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Morse

This is the second post by different posters in 2 days that spelled the name of one of our major roads incorrectly, and which just so happens to be the name of the developer of The Villages. Is it so hard to learn the correct spelling of our developer?
Agreed

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2017, 06:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsten Lee View Post
The statement 30 minutes less than driving from say from Lopez than from Fenney would be about right. So sales rep was right
Old 04-14-2017, 06:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Perhaps, but now they hail to a new Caesar.
Our guy was up front about the taxes in Pine Ridge, and mention Fenney was Sumter, but would also have Wildwood tax. So not only is our guy licensed, but honest. We noticed the large amount of bugs in Fenney, as he put you want to live in nature you get nature.

As TV builds forward from Fenney retail will come. Look at the tiny church that only has 35 members. Invited new neighbors of Fenney to dinner to celebrate their new home. Hoping some will join the church.

Most of here trust our TV rep, and very happy we did.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:22 PM

Realtors are sales people. They lie.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:07 PM
Default Realtors vs Sales Reps

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Actually no they are no longer Realtors the minute they start working for TV! TV is not in the Board of Realtors and so they are no longer in the Board of Realtors when they become a sales rep. I totally agree it is one hour on a good day down to the airport from CR 44.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,055 Times in 2,742 Posts

I think the 30 minutes is how much longer it is going to take to ride the airport shuttle from LSL to MCO now that it will have to make stops at both Brownwood and Fenney
Closed Thread

Tags
fenney, minutes, airport, maps, google

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.