Fenny......

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2017, 08:40 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

Fenney is only one village of which is to be an expansive development of many villages which will go north toward the rest of The Villages. I went on the tour, spoke extensively to Jennifer Parr, and wrote an article for the on line news.

There are absolutely plans for premier homes, more golf, restaurants, business, all the activities of the rest of The Villages. How it will be designed is still in the planning. There are wagons located on the way down there on property which has already been purchased by The Villages.

There are designer homes in Fenney that are into the $700,000's with gorgeous pools, fire pits, bird cages, summer kitchens etc and water views. There are very affordable patio villas with a golf cart garage and some upgrades you would not have see before. And everything in between. Some lots are huge and some are ones you can pass a plate between.

There are already two rec centers in development, one to open the end of this month and the more amenity packed one to open in June by a preserve with a bar and grill, beach type pool, etc.

I am not commenting on whether I like it, would live there, or anything opinionated. I am just providing the facts as I was told them and also saw them on the full tour and walk around provided last week.

Everything in The Villages that is built new seems far away at the time. We bought here five years ago and I remember thinking Buttonwood seemed far from Lake Sumter! Vision is in the eye of the developer for what they see into the future. Only time will tell, but over 20,000 people already have wanted to go on a tour. Heard that from a few sales people. That's a lot of lookie-loos!

I am just an observer like everyone else, and will watch with interest to see how it all turns out. Maybe when I am 80, if I live that long, I will look at it all and say, "I remember when"
Old 03-07-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
Fenney is only one village of which is to be an expansive development of many villages which will go north toward the rest of The Villages. I went on the tour, spoke extensively to Jennifer Parr, and wrote an article for the on line news.

There are absolutely plans for premier homes, more golf, restaurants, business, all the activities of the rest of The Villages. How it will be designed is still in the planning. There are wagons located on the way down there on property which has already been purchased by The Villages.

There are designer homes in Fenney that are into the $700,000's with gorgeous pools, fire pits, bird cages, summer kitchens etc and water views. There are very affordable patio villas with a golf cart garage and some upgrades you would not have see before. And everything in between. Some lots are huge and some are ones you can pass a plate between.

There are already two rec centers in development, one to open the end of this month and the more amenity packed one to open in June by a preserve with a bar and grill, beach type pool, etc.

I am not commenting on whether I like it, would live there, or anything opinionated. I am just providing the facts as I was told them and also saw them on the full tour and walk around provided last week.

Everything in The Villages that is built new seems far away at the time. We bought here five years ago and I remember thinking Buttonwood seemed far from Lake Sumter! Vision is in the eye of the developer for what they see into the future. Only time will tell, but over 20,000 people already have wanted to go on a tour. Heard that from a few sales people. That's a lot of lookie-loos!

I am just an observer like everyone else, and will watch with interest to see how it all turns out. Maybe when I am 80, if I live that long, I will look at it all and say, "I remember when"
Jane, will there be an exit off the turnpike?
Old 03-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

I think there already is one very close as I took it when I went to the airport, at least I thought I did!
Old 03-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Could I interest you then in a bridge I have to sell ?
A bridge to Fenney???
Old 03-07-2017, 10:18 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysunshine1948 View Post
You mention a dog park in Fenny......where did you hear there is or will be one? I called the Sales Office to ask and no one knew anything about a dog park being there. That is a selling point for me to move there.
It's on the drawing that is in the paper, listed among the other amenities.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
Sale of preowned homes are down. Lots more on the market than a year ago. Constant competition from new homes. Lucky you if your home has increased 15-20 percent. Mine sure hasn't. Maybe I just wasn't rich enough to buy a 4 or 5 hundred thousand home.

Not questioning your post but would you mind providing the source for your statistical data?
Old 03-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Sage

Some personal observations:
1. As normal, people are quick to criticize something that hasn't been fully developed yet! Fenny is suppose to have 14,000 homes.
2. Some people might want to live in a more laid back type community.
3. More people are retiring everyday, so there will be plenty of buyers.
4. Some people bought at Stonecrest and the Plantation because they didn't want to live in TV but they travel to TV for the entertainment.
5. TV is not right for everyone but the developer sure knows what they are doing.
6. Nobody knows what the developer is going to do and no one knows what the final plan will be in it's entirety. We will find out when the developer tells us.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-09-2017, 11:02 AM
Veteran member

Fenny is only one Village and will have 4,700 homes. The entire development is 14,000 homes and will be several villages. None of the property the Villages owns butts up to 44. Looks like the developer staredt on the homes that will be the hardest sell being furthest from a Square (12 miles to Brownwood).

This development has to cross the turnpike and 44 before it can be golf cart accessible to the Villages. These people will be driving their cars to everything. Imagine how that will impact traffic in the Villages approximately another 14,000 cars when done.

There will be live entertainment in Fenny just not in a town square. Was told this was how entertainment was in Spanish Springs until they made the town square.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:16 PM
Veteran member

With all of the favorable talk about Fenny, we decided to take the tour today. Wow, we certainly weren't alone. The line was very, very long so we opted to wait until there are some open houses there. I would like to know how long people were waiting if any of you made the trip today.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:09 PM

Today, Thursday 3/9. Arrived 8:50. Got on 3rd bus shortly after 9:30 when the started running.
Our general impression was very positive. Looks like another win for TV.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Fenny is only one Village and will have 4,700 homes. The entire development is 14,000 homes and will be several villages. None of the property the Villages owns butts up to 44. Looks like the developer staredt on the homes that will be the hardest sell being furthest from a Square (12 miles to Brownwood).

This development has to cross the turnpike and 44 before it can be golf cart accessible to the Villages. These people will be driving their cars to everything. Imagine how that will impact traffic in the Villages approximately another 14,000 cars when done.

There will be live entertainment in Fenny just not in a town square. Was told this was how entertainment was in Spanish Springs until they made the town square.
Are you really, really sure golf cart access will never happen?
Old 03-09-2017, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Are you really, really sure golf cart access will never happen?
I have little doubt that eventually a crossing over (or under) 44 will exist.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Some personal observations:
1. As normal, people are quick to criticize something that hasn't been fully developed yet! Fenny is suppose to have 14,000 homes.
2. Some people might want to live in a more laid back type community.
3. More people are retiring everyday, so there will be plenty of buyers.
4. Some people bought at Stonecrest and the Plantation because they didn't want to live in TV but they travel to TV for the entertainment.
5. TV is not right for everyone but the developer sure knows what they are doing.
6. Nobody knows what the developer is going to do and no one knows what the final plan will be in it's entirety. We will find out when the developer tells us.
L I K E.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:27 PM
Veteran member

It will eventually connect by golf cart as they build north. It is beautiful and not for me, but many will enjoy the quiet for awhile
Old 03-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Veteran member

I do not see it going over the turnpike at least in my life time. If you look at the property they own it does not come up to 44 either. They will need to buy more property at a steep premium before they can get to 44. I would be more concerned about getting across the turnpike.

It will be a lot quieter than the villages especially in the off season. The majority of your club activities are going to be a drive away for quite some time.

Agree not for me but some will like it and if they build it they will come.
Closed Thread

Tags
radio, fenny, call, vague, reservation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.