Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2017, 09:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Gracie,
With the exception of Megan Boone, who once was reported to have used a Villages rec center exercise room, does "the developer" ever walk among us -- to put it in a Biblical tone.
For example, have they/him ever gone to Brownwood, on Scooter night, and thought, "Wow, maybe we built this place too small, considering the growth planned below 44." Has he/they ever tried to get a same-day tee time during the high season? Oh, wait. I remember being told our group was being held back because some members of the family showed up unannounced and wanted to play golf. The people behind the curtain say they believe in The Villages vision. So, my question is, do they live it? If so, why don't they tell us what they think and feel? Perhaps there is legal counsel in the woodpile.
I got an email with a photo of Mr. and Mrs. Mark Morse at the new dinner theatre. It was sent to me by a long time Talk of the Villages poster, and the very first person to welcome us to The Villages in person. She said the Morses were seated in the next row in front of them and that she quietly went up to them at intermission and said "Thank you for this lovely place". She said they were very gracious. The picture shows them both dressed casually. People who have known the family in Michigan have approached me to tell me what nice people they truly are. My take is that they work a lot. I like that in anyone and I understand it. It is how we were able to move here.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:31 PM
Platinum member
Talking Annual appearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Alwann acknowledged that the Developer does come out once per year.
Kind of like Groundhog Day.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
Kind of like Groundhog Day.
They see their shadow and say, "SIX more parcels of land!"
(KIDDING)
Old 02-20-2017, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Gracie,
With the exception of Megan Boone, who once was reported to have used a Villages rec center exercise room, does "the developer" ever walk among us -- to put it in a Biblical tone.
For example, have they/him ever gone to Brownwood, on Scooter night, and thought, "Wow, maybe we built this place too small, considering the growth planned below 44." Has he/they ever tried to get a same-day tee time during the high season? Oh, wait. I remember being told our group was being held back because some members of the family showed up unannounced and wanted to play golf. The people behind the curtain say they believe in The Villages vision. So, my question is, do they live it? If so, why don't they tell us what they think and feel? Perhaps there is legal counsel in the woodpile.
So, I don't know but could guess there will be another town square down the road.....................do you know?

Same day tee time.....why not use the 3 day request. Waiting the same day leads to disappointment.

What does legal counsel in the woodpile mean?

Tags
working, sun, clearing, days, burning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.