Fishing - simple, no boats, pond-side, lake-side - Where?

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Sage
Default Fishing - simple, no boats, pond-side, lake-side - Where?

I don't even care if I catch any fish. The wife and I are just looking for a place where we can wet our worms...legally and casually. My favorite is to fish for bass using simple artificial lures, but I'll also go for any other fresh water fish...bream, bluegill, catfish, you name it.

I see where there is going to be an effort to improve Lake Miona. That would be perfect. But do you need a boat? Are there bank areas to fish? How about other lakes? Or some of the larger ponds in TV? Even not-too-distant off-site spots would be fine.

Love to hear from you.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:53 AM
Veteran member

HERE is info regarding fishing in TV.

Hope that helps answer your questions.

Regards
Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 07-24-2014, 03:31 PM
Question Gators

What are the risks of encountering a gator when fishing from the banks? I've noted some postings about occasional gators from some of the golf corse ponds. The above link was really interesting information - thanks.

Steve
Old 07-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan View Post
What are the risks of encountering a gator when fishing from the banks? I've noted some postings about occasional gators from some of the golf corse ponds...
Heh...I encountered one just the other day. Below is a view of my 3rd shot on Mallory Caroline #5. (Yes...I pull-hooked my 2nd shot!! Heheh.) But I'll take my chances (and be VERY careful...heheh) to find a good fishing sport!

The Villages Florida
Old 07-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Platinum member
Default Staying On Topic

If you want to know where to fish or better yet, what's going on in the area go to TVFRESHWATERFISHINGCLUB.COM. Check out the blogs. And if it's any consolation I DO have a boat & fish all over central FL and right now it's tough everywhere. 5 hours of casting today on Griffin produced 3 bass. The Villages Freshwater Fishing | Covering the TV Freshwater Fishing Club and more

Steve
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.