Foul mouthed cyclist

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2017, 04:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Its Fl LAW- the most you can get is a WARNING !!!!
Florida has what is known as an “absolute” speed limit law. There is no trick to how this works: If the sign says 40 mph and you drive 41 mph or more, you have violated the law. !!!!!
Florida Speeding Laws | DrivingLaws.org
Old 02-24-2017, 05:18 PM
Sage

I'm talk about real road speeds- sorry I infuriate all you nit pickers--we're talking about Buena Vista & Morse Blvd-- you will not get a penalty for 40 mph on those roads--& if you are driving a Golf cart with a street legal tag on those roads you have a death wish-- it will catch up with you
Old 02-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Sage

You will never be stopped for 1 mph over the speed limit in Fl--all there fines are income driven --9 mph hits the BINGO button

and if you're driving 70 mph on I 75 in the left lane you will be tickled-- you are impeding traffic
Old 02-24-2017, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
You will never be stopped for 1 mph over the speed limit in Fl--all there fines are income driven --9 mph hits the BINGO button

and if you're driving 70 mph on I 75 in the left lane you will be tickled-- you are impeding traffic
I was taught by the policemen in my family that the fines were due to BREAKING THE LAW. I have seen folks here (not from OHIO) who think stop signs are only suggestions.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:51 PM
Sage

Stop signs are absolute--speeding enforcement is subjective
Old 02-24-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
The roads are a shared resource. That means cars, street legal golf carts, and bikes are all using the roads, including the 35 mph speed limit roads such as Buena Vista. If there is a slower moving car, street legal golf cart, or bike in front of you, it is up to you to pass them when it is safe and legal to do so. Nobody is being "self centered". They are using a resource that they are paying for. The fact that they aren't going as fast as you want them to go is something you just have to deal with and no amount of whining or complaining is going to change that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
While the roads ARE, in fact, a shared resource, there are cyclists (as this is the topic) who appear to think that they can make sudden; dangerous moves and risk the causing/sustaining the impact. Unfortunately, in this instance, it sounds as though the cyclist had the Wrong-of-Way. Had the vehicle struck the cyclist, the driver of the auto HAS TO LIVE WITH THAT IMPACT AS WELL. If I hit you due to your own negligence, I have to face the awful feeling in my heart and soul because I am human, not without empathy or sympathy or all other pathy's. It hurts too many when ones actions are not thought out.
Use your heads when driving anything. The fractions of seconds in action over words can be the very time that saves your life.
No tweety flipped here.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:16 PM
Sage

I prefer to simply state the facts and prefer to leave the hypotheticals and opinions to others. I also prefer to not attempt to state, as fact, what others are thinking. I will leave that to those who are apparently mind readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsroni View Post
While the roads ARE, in fact, a shared resource, there are cyclists (as this is the topic) who appear to think that they can make sudden; dangerous moves and risk the causing/sustaining the impact. Unfortunately, in this instance, it sounds as though the cyclist had the Wrong-of-Way. Had the vehicle struck the cyclist, the driver of the auto HAS TO LIVE WITH THAT IMPACT AS WELL. If I hit you due to your own negligence, I have to face the awful feeling in my heart and soul because I am human, not without empathy or sympathy or all other pathy's. It hurts too many when ones actions are not thought out.
Use your heads when driving anything. The fractions of seconds in action over words can be the very time that saves your life.
No tweety flipped here.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:29 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
Florida has what is known as an “absolute” speed limit law. There is no trick to how this works: If the sign says 40 mph and you drive 41 mph or more, you have violated the law. !!!!!
Florida Speeding Laws | DrivingLaws.org
I believe you will find its the law around the nation. the variable is the cop. I had a cop give me a ticket on the NYS Thruway for going 5 mph. I took it to my attorney and he spoke to the judge. the judge said, the cop was being a jerk but even if it was 1mph or 15, etc it was over the limit and the cop had the right.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:31 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Googling the term "F@CK YOU" shows 68 million results, whereas "KISS MY ASS" or "WAY TO GO MEATHEAD" shows 3 and 5 million results respectively. The former seems quite popular.
Sad statistic and reflects badly on our society
Old 02-24-2017, 11:25 PM

Tried to post an answer, but I included a link to the statute... Maybe the post will show up next year.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:35 AM
Sage

This is not true. You can be ticketed for driving under the speed limit if you are driving at a speed that is unwarranted by the conditions. In the future, check the statutes before posting.

Quote:
Its Fl LAW- the most you can get is a WARNING !!!!
Old 02-25-2017, 08:10 AM
Gold member
Default Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsroni View Post
No tweety flipped here.
You are absolutely correct in your statement of feelings associated with accidents incurring injuries. We drove home in a constant state of all the "what if's"...
Old 02-25-2017, 10:04 AM

I ride the multi modal trails each week. I run with the golf cart speeds. I have never really had a problem until the last couple of months. I follow the Colorado rule - 3 or more behind and I pull over. However, I have been run off by golf carts from behind and swerved at from across the lanes. So it is not JUST bikers. I also ride the less traveled roads and agree that the bike groups blow stop signs and stop lights. Poor practice at best and somone will eventually get hurt again. As for the main roads - not a thought on riding them - to narrow and to fast - even if bikes have the same right of way as cars by state law. Cars outweigh bikes by thousands of pounds.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:19 AM

No excuse for the language but it cuts both ways. Nearly killed by a motorist trying to pass me in the middle of making a right turn while riding a recumbant trike at Enrique and Chapparal.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon82 View Post
What exactly is the rule regarding riding a bike in The Villages? Are they required to stay on the multi-modal paths or can they get on the main roads? I sometimes see large groups of cyclists on Buena Vista or some other similar road, so are there exceptions for that size a group that doesn't apply to individual cyclists?
The have the same rules and right as cars and will become irate when you don't follow the rules while they don't stop for stop sign, stop lights, ride two abreast, pass on the right of cars etc. but make sure you follow the rules or they get miffed in their little tighties.
Closed Thread

Tags
cyclist, cart, husbands, traffic, car

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.