Gardenia Walk in Roman Showers

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Default Gardenia Walk in Roman Showers

We are planning on building a Gardenia and would like input as to the pros/cons of a Roman walk in shower. We know that it takes away space from the linen closet and wall space. Are they drafty during colder weather? Any opinions/suggestions?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:44 AM

We have a Begonia which is exactly the same as the Gardinia except for the front window in the kitchen ..We have the walk in Shower on an outside wall

It is great --no drafts so far (only been here since Oct) and the bathroom is more than spacious enough --we love it

good luck
Old 01-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsie52 View Post
We have a Begonia which is exactly the same as the Gardinia except for the front window in the kitchen ..We have the walk in Shower on an outside wall

It is great --no drafts so far (only been here since Oct) and the bathroom is more than spacious enough --we love it

good luck
I have an Iris with the same walk in shower. Although I haven't used it during the winter months, I've never heard anything bad mentioned with them. So- take off your clothes, turn on the water and enjoy.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
input as to the pros/cons of a Roman walk in shower.
We have a Designer in Pennecamp with the Roman shower and love it. No drafts and is very enjoyable to take showers. No question...get it.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove

A Roman Shower is an important feature in the home I expect to buy. I'm hoping to live in TV for a long time so I want features that will accomodate me if I develop any kind of disabiity. The Roman Shower does not require you to step up, can easily fit a chair and may be big enough to handle a wheel chair (not sure about that, but it looks pretty big). Hopefully, that won't be necessary, but it pays to think ahead.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Gold member

We have it in our Bridgeport and love it. No need for doors or curtains. I have a electric space heater I use when it is so cold here just like I did in Ark where I did have a shower door.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 01-12-2011, 12:34 PM

We have a Lantana in Buttonwood with a roman shower. I LOVE it! The winter months are also comfortable.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Sage

We have a Roman shower in our Lantana. Love it. We've used it for over 4 years. What I did do was install some Command Strip hooks on one wall to put our towels on so we don't have to reach too far to get a nice dry towel after our shower.

Last edited by pooh; 01-12-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:14 PM

Sorry to post the first negative comment. We have a roman in the Camilla model. Lost the area for sitting at the counter near wash basin where wife could do make-up etc. Also in the recent cold weather I find the "openess" not so warm. Miss something smaller where the hot water and steam keep you warm in a more confined shower....wouldn't do it again.

Brooklyn, NY
Margate, FL
Gillette, WY
Cape Cod (Brewster), MA
Coral Springs, FL
Pittsburgh, PA
Boynton Beach, FL
Pennecamp 10/29/10
Old 01-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

I also have the roman shower in my Camilla model, which is the same floorplan as a Gardenia in the wood and siding version, and love it. You lose a little area from one of the walk in closets and not the linen closet. Guess who got the smaller closet? LOL; it's still plenty big enough for me. Also there are 2 separate sinks and counters, so the wife and I are not bumping into each other brushing our teeth.

I love the openness of the shower and feel cramped in traditional showers now when I use them. Try it, you'll like it.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Veteran member

We have used both types of shower, and prefer the closed in shower (with doors). It is just warmer and steamier. We have a gardenia with doors now, and it is plenty large enough and has a built in seat.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
I also have the roman shower in my Camilla model, which is the same floorplan as a Gardenia in the wood and siding version, and love it. You lose a little area from one of the walk in closets and not the linen closet. Guess who got the smaller closet? LOL; it's still plenty big enough for me. Also there are 2 separate sinks and counters, so the wife and I are not bumping into each other brushing our teeth.

I love the openness of the shower and feel cramped in traditional showers now when I use them. Try it, you'll like it.
Richie, I didn't check the Camilla but if you go to the floor plan for the Gardenia you'll find that there is space lost in the linen closet if you compare the main floor plan with option A. There is also no obvious loss of walk-in closet space apparant from that same floor plan.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-12-2011, 04:05 PM

We are building a Lily and having the roman shower. Can't wait I am so tired of finding the right shower curtain.

I was wondering what features sold you on the house that you built? I am leaning to white cabinets in the kitchen with a single wall oven.

Also I think we are having tile at the angle.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-12-2011, 06:24 PM

Good idea---I'll also do that in my Lantana.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Gold member

Have a Whispering Pine w/Roman shower - we all fit in the shower just fine!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.