Gardenia Walk in Roman Showers

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I like a door. It's warmer....even in the summer, the air conditioning kinda rushes in and it feeler colder than it really is....I think it feels nice and cozy to have a door.

To each his own...everyone is different. Different is good.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Iris model

In the Iris we have the make up area and the large shower. LOVE THEM Room enough for a couple. I have yet to notice that it is cold even when you emerge from the stall.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

I haven't been to TV yet to personally see the roman shower in person, except for in pictures. Couldn't those who are bothered by the chill place a shower curtain on a tension bar and while not comprimising the tile stay toasty warm, pretend you're in a steam room or whatever?
The Villages Florida

p.s. while typing the above I initially inadvertently typed "shower curtain" as "show curtain!" I trust you just pictured what went through my mind when I realized it... without my drawing a The Villages Florida picture!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Richie, I didn't check the Camilla but if you go to the floor plan for the Gardenia you'll find that there is space lost in the linen closet if you compare the main floor plan with option A. There is also no obvious loss of walk-in closet space apparant from that same floor plan.
Well, I guess they have different designs then for the master baths. In my home the left walk-in as you enter the bath ends and the linen closet is next to it and next to that is the smaller of the two sink areas.

On the right the walk-in is a little smaller than the one on the left to accommodate the roman shower which is next to it, and then the water closet is next. The larger sink takes up the back wall next to the water closet. I all rather nice and roomy.

The only change I would like is that in the newer constructions you can get a sliding door to close the bath area off from the bedroom. I don't have this in my home and lack of privacy, at times, is an issue.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
in the newer constructions you can get a sliding door to close the bath area off from the bedroom. I don't have this in my home and lack of privacy, at times, is an issue.
My new Begonia comes with that pocket door standard. We have the roman shower and we like it (even with this cold weather!!).
Old 01-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
My new Begonia comes with that pocket door standard. We have the roman shower and we like it (even with this cold weather!!).
Russ, I've been contemplating getting a pocket door retrofitted if I could find a contractor I'd trust to do this.

If you or anyone has a suggestion, let me know.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Platinum member

We have the roman shower in our Begonia and I personally don't mind that it feels a little bit cooler while you're drying off. My wife, on the other hand, finds it too cool. She has found that if she doesn't turn the exhaust fan on until she is finished it helps a lot.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 01-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
take off your clothes, turn on the water and enjoy.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Phyllis.....Your subtle humor is hilarious; do so enjoy your posts.....barb

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 01-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

i think our shower is the same size inside as the roman showers, but we have a door and enjoy the warmth from the steam created by being enclosed. what is the advantage of the roman style?..gn
Old 01-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Russ, I've been contemplating getting a pocket door retrofitted if I could find a contractor I'd trust to do this.

If you or anyone has a suggestion, let me know.
Richie, I don't have the number but I saw the work done by Rowe Construction (actually, a Villager on Blackville) in putting in a pocket door -- he did an excellent job, including the clean up after. I know I've found his number in the phone book (forget the first name, but last was Rowe on Blackville) in the past.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Richie, I don't have the number but I saw the work done by Rowe Construction (actually, a Villager on Blackville) in putting in a pocket door -- he did an excellent job, including the clean up after. I know I've found his number in the phone book (forget the first name, but last was Rowe on Blackville) in the past.
I didn't find a business listing, but found a home number. I'll give him a call. That's much Redwitch.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor111947 View Post
A Roman Shower is an important feature in the home I expect to buy. I'm hoping to live in TV for a long time so I want features that will accomodate me if I develop any kind of disabiity. The Roman Shower does not require you to step up, can easily fit a chair and may be big enough to handle a wheel chair (not sure about that, but it looks pretty big). Hopefully, that won't be necessary, but it pays to think ahead.
I look at things the same way and considered a Roman shower. It didn't seem to me to have the room to make the turn to go from the walkway to the main shower area, so I opted out. If that is a consideration, you might want to borrow a w/c with footpedals to see if there is room to maneuver. Or make a bigger roll in shower!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Platinum member

My Gardenia's walk-in shower attracted me from the very beginning! In the winter, I often think about getting a heat lamp installed, so that I'm always toasty warm. Haven't yet done so, but expect that I will before too long! Basically, I cannot really find anything wrong with the arrangement!

I mean, who can really complain about showering in Paradise, without shivvering??????????????

SWR
Old 01-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
My Gardenia's walk-in shower attracted me from the very beginning! In the winter, I often think about getting a heat lamp installed, so that I'm always toasty warm.
SWR
Great idea! We might consider doing the same thing! The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.