gate controllers

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2017, 06:02 AM
Default gate controllers

To some not all gate controllers ,please make sure you have the guest vehicles come to a stop before opening gate.I have seen cars come flying through gate that was open before they have even come to a stop almost hitting crossing golf carts.Poor design of guard shacks they can not see golf carts in middle of the crossing.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:07 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Gatekeepers have a difficult job, especially those at he Morse gate
Old 02-26-2017, 06:13 AM
Gold member

I've also seen similar occurrences at the Sanibel gate especially when there is no one at the resident gate. I guess the Gatekeeper figures since no one is at the resident gate there is no reason to stop the visitor. I agree they should stop all cars first which by the way I think is policy.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:20 AM
Sage

The Gate Keeper can't see any golf carts behind their shack-there should be a closed circuit TV -they should make sure no carts are there before raising the gate-its inviting a bad situation
Old 02-26-2017, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
The Gate Keeper can't see any golf carts behind their shack-there should be a closed circuit TV -they should make sure no carts are there before raising the gate-its inviting a bad situation
Nonsense, on installing cameras. Gate attendants aren't responsible for carts crossing safely. Cart drivers are. Most crossings have stop signs for cart drivers. It's easy enough for a cart driver to stop in the middle (behind the shack). If the gates are up, simply don't proceed until it's safe to do so.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Nonsense, on installing cameras. Gate attendants aren't responsible for carts crossing safely. Cart drivers are. Most crossings have stop signs for cart drivers. It's easy enough for a cart driver to stop in the middle (behind the shack). If the gates are up, simply don't proceed until it's safe to do so.
Yep.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Agreed. Cars have the right of way. Golf carts should and must stop, look, and cross when safe. It's the reason I refuse to cross in front of a car that has stopped at an exit to "be kind to me". Any accident would be my fault for not allowing right of way.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorhome View Post
To some not all gate controllers ,please make sure you have the guest vehicles come to a stop before opening gate.I have seen cars come flying through gate that was open before they have even come to a stop almost hitting crossing golf carts.Poor design of guard shacks they can not see golf carts in middle of the crossing.
You should share your concerns and complaints with the folks that actually do this work. I doubt if the "gate controllers" will see your thoughts on TOTV.

Community Watch
1135 Bonita Boulevard
The Villages, FL 32162

Phone: 352-753-0550
Old 02-26-2017, 11:26 AM

gate was down for guest when i preceded ,guard opened gate at same time i step on gas. car came through flying never slowed or stopped.and let me get it right cars have to stop and so do carts no one has the right of way. ok YEP
Old 02-26-2017, 11:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
gate was down for guest when i preceded ,guard opened gate at same time i step on gas. car came through flying never slowed or stopped.and let me get it right cars have to stop and so do carts no one has the right of way. ok YEP
Would you like to repeat that in English?
Old 02-26-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You should share your concerns and complaints with the folks that actually do this work. I doubt if the "gate controllers" will see your thoughts on TOTV.

Community Watch
1135 Bonita Boulevard
The Villages, FL 32162

Phone: 352-753-0550
Gate keepers have nothing to do with golf cart traffic.

Golf carts should yield when crossing in front of oncoming traffic and cars should proceed with caution after stopping for the gate or attendant..
Old 02-26-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Old 02-26-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqrstar View Post
Gate keepers have nothing to do with golf cart traffic.

Golf carts should yield when crossing in front of oncoming traffic and cars should proceed with caution after stopping for the gate or attendant..
Why do we have gates? I was under the impression it was to stop traffic and make it possible for golf carts to have a chance to cross the road safely?

Is there another reason?
Old 02-26-2017, 12:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
Why do we have gates? I was under the impression it was to stop traffic and make it possible for golf carts to have a chance to cross the road safely?

Is there another reason?
General traffic calming. Safety for golf carts is a part of the picture, but definitely not the only reason for the gates.
Closed Thread

Tags
gate, controllers, stop, crossing, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.