Golf Cart Batteries from Sams/WalMart

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Default Golf Cart Batteries from Sams/WalMart

Has anyone bought golf cart batteries from Sams Club and/or WalMart. Are they as good as the batteries that are supplied by the various golf cart repair shops and guys like Spano?? Thanks for your replies.
Pat Q
Old 10-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Default Re: Golf Cart Batteries from Sams/WalMart

I have never purchased batteries from Sams/Walmart however, I must say that Spano is GREAT. If he repairs your cart and/or puts new batteries in it and you have a problem, you just call him and he or his son come out - no questions asked. They are super to deal with.

Monica Carter
Old 10-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

I've seen and read news reports about Sams/Wal-Mart and other major discounters about substandard tires advertised with artificially high wear ratings. I'd suspect the same of batteries, instead of saving a couple dollars, I'd opt for the quality and post-sales support. IMHO
Old 10-18-2007, 10:19 AM

Speaking of Spano--called them because our cart was acting up. Came the next day and found the GFI had popped (MY discription) and made plug not work. He left and refused any payment for coming to the house. We have been using him for a couple years BUT WOW no charge!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:31 AM

SHOCKING
Old 10-18-2007, 11:08 AM

As an independent business owner, I will not support WaltMart or any of the discount stores. They are killing all the small town in America. I will rather pay a little more for the personalized service and post sales support. I dont have a golf-cart yet because I have not purchased in TV but when I do, I will buy it from a local.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I too have used Ken Spano and recommend him highly, the Trojan batteries he sells are the best.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:19 PM

I hav eused both Trojan and Sam's golf cart battery in a high draw down marine application. Both seem to be very good but I would give the edge to the Trojans. However, last time I checked the 6V Sam's battery was about 69.95 . about double that for the Trojans. Not sure I could justify the difference.

Another Battery to consider is the Rolls. Strictly commercial and very Heavy Duty. Priced accordingly.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN
I've seen and read news reports about Sams/Wal-Mart and other major discounters about substandard tires advertised with artificially high wear ratings. I'd suspect the same of batteries, instead of saving a couple dollars, I'd opt for the quality and post-sales support. IMHO
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.