Golf cart insurance

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2017, 11:47 PM

Y5clm

Sorry, but if you can't pass an eye test how do you feel safe with a machine that can kill around others?

With that said, if your eyes improve, you do not need a license to get golf cart insurance, however you have to have a great record and probably credit report to get it for a price that isn't a lot. If you don't, you will pay a lot but it is possible.

Lastly, please don't drive on Hillsborough Trail; I'm scared. Also, I saw 2 carts today cut in front of cars near Colony (one at the light, one going into the parking lot). I don't want to help pick up the mess; I will be a sad bear.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:19 AM
Veteran member

Perhaps I'm totally misunderstanding the problem here. If one is traveling 70mph and one needs to see 3 seconds ahead, one would need to be able to see clearly over 308 feet ahead of their vehicle. If one is traveling 20mph one would need to see less than 90 feet ahead. To get a driver's license, and safely drive a car, one would need to be able to see over three times farther than one would need to be able to see to safely drive a golf cart.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Am I the only one who is concerned that there is a person operating a golf cart on the streets whose best vision is poorer than 20/70? And that she believes she is a better driver than many others? And that her concern is not that her vision impairment might make it more likely she creates an accident, but that somehow her insurance carrier might find out about the impairment and decline her claim?

And apparently she has even been told by her doctor NOT TO DRIVE A CART which is clear from her post

Quote:
However, if a doctor has said I should not drive a golf cart they may deny the claim
You don't include that line unless it happened

I have no problem with her driving on the golf course, but it is problematic that she is merging into traffic on Morse. If there is no legislation on minimal vision to operate a golf cart on the streets, perhaps there needs to be some enacted.

You can find your Florida House representative here:
Florida House of Representatives - Find Your Representative

and your Florida Senate representative here:
Find Your Legislators - The Florida Senate

Last edited by blueash; 01-20-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:05 AM

No. An eye dr has not said I should not drive a golf cart. I was addressing the comment made by my insurance agent that said if a dr said someone should not drive a golf cart for any medical reason.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:48 AM
Sage

Very Important, if you can't get a license because of eyesight--you should not be operating any motor vehicle , they might deny the claim & your comments about eyesight are now public record forever--
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, cart, license, drivers, accident

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.