A good deal for someone!

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2016, 04:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
resales less than purchase within a year and bond paid.....wow...
Yes, I would expect a resale on a fairly new house would be cheaper than the purchase house.

Assume we pay $400K for a new house that had the options we want. Someone else could come along and pay $400K for a similar house and they could choose their own set of options.

So why would they ever want to pay $400K for our house? They would prefer their own set of options.

They might be willing to pay $370K for our house, but not $400K.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
A very nice post.

My very first round here as a renter, was with a very large group of regulars who even had their own shirts made.

While playing, a siren could be heard in the distance.

One of the guys in the groups stated "another tee time available at Palmer."

I wasn't sure what he meant, but when told, I wasn't amused.
we all gotta go sometime,,, i was employed as a journeyman electrician (dangerous job at times) we always said " u get killed on the job today, by the time The potato salad is gone at your funeral they have figured out who's going to take your place I don't worry about Dying I just want to live!
Old 09-09-2016, 09:43 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Wow, there are only 4 houses listed for sale in Lake Deaton on the Villages sales site. And, the site lists only 3 Boxwood and 2 Holly designer homes for sale. This is the smallest amount of inventory that I have seen in my three years of looking at the site.
Maybe what I like others also like.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Wow, there are only 4 houses listed for sale in Lake Deaton on the Villages sales site. And, the site lists only 3 Boxwood and 2 Holly designer homes for sale. This is the smallest amount of inventory that I have seen in my three years of looking at the site.
Maybe what I like others also like.
Look at me directly in the eyes when I tell you this. I am not making it up. This place here, The Villages, is the fastest growing area in the United States.

You can keep looking for flaws...fine. But I just love it here. Lot of folks do. I like it so much that I have been called a shill. My friends back home look at their watch when I bring up The Villages. Buy hey, everyone has to have something to be happy about.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
While not my favorite design, I love the view and the landscaping. I have passed by this home many a time on the way to my house. It sold for $582,000 in 2014. The bond, around 30,000 is paid and a lot of money has been spent both inside and out on this house. It’s a steal at $649,900. VLS 221303

The Villages - Search for New, Pre-owned Homes and Villas in The Villages, Florida
This is a very pretty house.
Looks like it was done by an Interior Designer.

We live in an Ivy and absolutely love it.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:00 AM
Kup Kake

There a very expanded Bridgeport that will be coming on the market within the next month or two. It is a 4 bedroom, has an additional half bath so there are 2 full baths and 2 half baths. There is an additional room which could be used as an office or den off the master bedroom, with huge closet space.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

He loves his RC Flyers Clubs and free golf for life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Free golf for life?
Yes. Golf, like everything else, is free if you pay for it.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Yes. Golf, like everything else, is free if you pay for it.
Executive golf has no charge for homeowners at all, if you walk. There is a cartfee if you drive your cart. But much less than any of us have ever experienced before.

The amenity fee of about $150 dollars a month covers this and a lot of other wonderful things. For me using my new oil paints in a beautiful building like Laurel Manor and walking in and out of a mansion to enjoy a new adventure...FREE. Sitting at tables in a room with artists who out of kindness help me. I love this place. Love it.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-02-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Executive golf has no charge for homeowners at all, if you walk.

The amenity fee of about $150 dollars a month covers this
OK, so if we pay the amenity fee, we can play golf. Sounds like paying for golf, if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I love this place. Love it.
We have only been here four months, and we love it here!
Old 11-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Wow, another good deal. A 2012 Holly that sold in 2015 for $325,000 is now listed for $314,900. We have a Holly without the painted driveway, painted garage and nice looking landscaping. Someday, we will do these things to our house.

The Villages - Search for New, Pre-owned Homes and Villas in The Villages, Florida
Old 02-09-2017, 09:53 AM
Platinum member

This 3,612 sq ft home very close to Lake Sumter Landing is being listed for $110,000 less than the 2006 price of $810,900. It's a little out of my price range but fun to dream about owing it. If you include all of the upgrades and bond payments, it looks to be a great deal for someone.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
This 3,612 sq ft home very close to Lake Sumter Landing is being listed for $110,000 less than the 2006 price of $810,900. It's a little out of my price range but fun to dream about owing it. If you include all of the upgrades and bond payments, it looks to be a great deal for someone.

Everyone has their own finger on the pulse on the health of their investment in The Villages.

Mine is this...On Wednesday morning at Laurel Manor I attend Art Studio in the Art Room. When people visit the villages a certain number will stop in at Laurel Manor Regional rec center on 466. Usually there are two or three a month. Recently, there have been several sets of visitors popping into our classroom every day for a look around.

I think that means that more people are aware of The Villages than they have ever been and they are coming to see.

We all know what happens when you come and see The Villages.

I feel that our choice in living here is a popular one and our place to live is beautiful and sought after. I think we invested our money wisely and the value will continue to increase.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:11 PM
Platinum member

Maybe it will be a good deal? It's a 2,000 sq ft house at 4571 E County Road #468 for 2.5 M. Will someone pay that much? We will just have to wait and see. -> Unit 468 at 4571 E County Road, Wildwood, FL 34785 | HotPads

Old 04-27-2017, 08:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Maybe it will be a good deal? It's a 2,000 sq ft house at 4571 E County Road #468 for 2.5 M. Will someone pay that much? We will just have to wait and see. -> Unit 468 at 4571 E County Road, Wildwood, FL 34785 | HotPads

I looked at the house on the internet and it reminds me of a property Andrew Blechman mentioned in his classic book Leisureville. In 2008 some guy was trying to sell his property near TV for an astronomical price and I think the property still has not been sold.

It seem that a lot of locals think the Morse family are a bunch of suckers who will pay exorbitant prices for any available property near TV. Based on the number of unsold preperties I see close to TV, I think these locals are wrong. That house in Adamsville will not be sold for anywhere that $2.5M price.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post

Mostly now as a hobby, I too keep an eye on the real estate market in TV. Occasionaly there are opportunities but rarely is there "a steal" or a "super bargain" in TV. The Developer has done a fantastic job of marketing this place and when you buy here you are buying into a lifestyle more than just buying a house as we did prior to retirement.
A lot of the reason for that is because the great deals never get listed for sale. The realtors find out about them and scoop them up before they ever get listed. This is not unique to TV, it happens all across the country.

Tags
deal, good, $319, 000, years, $315, 384, buyer, upgrades, doesn’t, house, resale, holly, bridgeport/boxwood/holly, designer, bridgeport, open, today, homes, curiosity, sake, sold

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.