A good deal for someone!

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2017, 10:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Yes, I would expect a resale on a fairly new house would be cheaper than the purchase house.

Assume we pay $400K for a new house that had the options we want. Someone else could come along and pay $400K for a similar house and they could choose their own set of options.

So why would they ever want to pay $400K for our house? They would prefer their own set of options.

They might be willing to pay $370K for our house, but not $400K.
Depends on location. Personally, I am not interested in living in any of the areas where new homes are currently being built. Personal preference.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
As I own a Holly, I have been looking at the resale value of the Bridgeport/Boxwood/Holly Designer homes for curiosity sake. There is a Bridgeport open house today that sold new in 2014 for $315,384. Two years later, they are asking $319,000. While it doesn’t appear to have any upgrades, it looks new and might be a good deal for a buyer. Although, you can purchase a new 2016 Bridgeport for $314,796.
Location, lot size, appliances and other interior features can affect the price of a home.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Good thing those houses gained a few thousand in a few years since nobody ever loses money here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
Factor in closing cost, commissions, furniture, the pool heater, closets added in the garage. I'd say no one made a few thousand dollars.
You are correct, Luvr!
Few people take into consideration the real total of what a new home has cost, as you have done, although some of these items are deductible.

And yes -- people have lost money in the sale of their property.
You never know what someone's circumstances are, nor do you know how many opportunists are out there ready to jump at the chance to prey on some unsuspecting home owning victim.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Piney Ridge, you say??? Ain't no Piney Ridge, honey.

Link us to that, Kstew.

After checking on Lake Property Appraiser site. Out of eight listed on The Villages site as used, In Pine Ridge, One is listed at six thousand less than was paid for it a short time ago.
They finally found out they will pay CITY Taxes plus County Taxes
Old 07-30-2017, 09:32 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

This Allamanda sold new in 2014 for $240,500. It is now listed for $250,000 after Bond payments totaling over $6,000. The house is in almost new shape and no kissing lanai. So, a good deal for some looking for this design of house located in The Village of Lake Deaton, soon to be the center of the Villages.

3616 Quietwoods Dr, The Villages, FL 32163 - realtor.com(R)

Last edited by twoplanekid; 07-31-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
This Allamanda sold new in 2014 for $240,500. It is now listed for $250,000 after Bonds payments totaling over $6,000. The house is in almost new shape and no kissing lanai. So, a good deal for some looking for this design of house located in The Village of Lake Deaton, soon to be the center of the Villages.

3616 Quietwoods Dr, The Villages, FL 32163 - realtor.com(R)
Looks like a lovely home. Someone will make their dreams come true here.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:24 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

If one is interested in a Bridgeport designer home, which one of these two currently for sale houses would be the best pick/value? When I was looking in 2014 for this model without a kissing lanai, every home was priced above $335,000. I wish these two houses would have been available in 2014.

House #1 built in 2010 and listed for $312,000 is located in St. Charles. It has a road in back so no kissing lanai. The value of the house is increased with the addition of garage and front door screens, better ceiling fans, lights, pull down garage attic stairs, and other minor things we do over time to our houses in TV. VLS#223757
Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

House #2 is new, listed for $320,000 and located in Fenney. It has a fence in the back for villas so technically not a kissing lanai situation. It has more tiles on the floors, a golf cart garage and new everything. Plus, it incorporates the latest model changes and updates. VNH#2F033
Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

So, I would be more interested in #2 if I could do it over again. The house in Fenney is a good deal if you’re looking for a less expensive Bridgeport model home.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 11-22-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:47 AM

The allamanda still has not sold...it is now for rent.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:20 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanna630 View Post
The allamanda still has not sold...it is now for rent.
This Allamanda was sold to a person in Lake Deaton who is also going to use it as a rental as the first owner had done.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Yeah, we have the same reaction. We saw a listing for a beautiful resale in Pine Hills that had never actually been occupied, and we thought about the owners whose plans did not work out.

Of course, the same thing may happen to us. We close on our Virginia house on Tuesday and plan to arrive in TV on Thursday, where we plan to rent for five months. We put down a deposit on a lot in Osceola Hills and, if all goes well, our new house will be built by October. However, if our plans go awry, no one should feel too sorry for us because we have had 45 years of a great marriage and four grandkids, which is a lot more than most people can ever dream of.

[emoji106][emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2017, 09:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I always feel sad when I see a home for sale that has been recently purchased in a new area and lovingly furnished and luxuriously updated. Someone's dreams and plans didn't work out.
It's none of my business, and I'm not asking anyone to speculate.
T
here are many possible reasons - some are very private and personal and often sad.
Just a sentimental observation; and feeling lucky and grateful for the nine years we've owned a home in The Villages.

A couple came in the shop last week and while talking with them, we got sidetracked and started talking about homes here. They told me they had just sold their dream home here and were moving back to Canton, OH. because he had terminal cancer and she didn't know if she could make it here alone. It was really heartbreaking hearing them talk about their home here and all the thought process and money they put into it and I could really see how sad they were that they were having to do this.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:19 PM

Very sad when we have to put our dreams aside. Our decision to be here is mostly based on the fact that someday, one of us will be alone. When that sad
day comes, we feel that the one left behind will have a better life and support system here rather than where we came from. Hoping it’s a long way off, and loving our life here.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I missed where he said he was going to start collecting SS at 62, he just said that he was retiring at that age.

None of us know how long we will live, but having a rock-solid pension that covers all living/recreation costs, with substantial savings/investments as an additional buffer and then SS as a sweetener, allows some of us the peace of mind to know that even if we make it to 100 years old our lifestyle will not be in jeopardy.
The days of this sort of gravy train retirement are about over.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:37 AM
Platinum member

Both of the Bridgeport homes listed in my above post #67 are still for sale and have open houses today.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:16 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, we have the same reaction. We saw a listing for a beautiful resale in Pine Hills that had never actually been occupied, and we thought about the owners whose plans did not work out.

Of course, the same thing may happen to us. We close on our Virginia house on Tuesday and plan to arrive in TV on Thursday, where we plan to rent for five months. We put down a deposit on a lot in Osceola Hills and, if all goes well, our new house will be built by October. However, if our plans go awry, no one should feel too sorry for us because we have had 45 years of a great marriage and four grandkids, which is a lot more than most people can ever dream of.

Tags
deal, good, $319, 000, years, $315, 384, buyer, upgrades, doesn’t, house, resale, holly, bridgeport/boxwood/holly, designer, bridgeport, open, today, homes, curiosity, sake, sold

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.