Group Interview for a position at the new country club

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
I feel your pain, really. We have friends who work for GMS, that do spend a lot of time on call. That wouldn't be my cup of tea, not for $7.50-$8.50 an hour, or whatever they get.

I have worked for GMS for over 3 years at 2 different facilities and most of what I am seeing is BS. No one is on call, easy to get time off you just need to reciprocate for fellow employees. Most of what I read on here concerning the golf courses is BS!. People have no idea what they're talking about!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdticket View Post
I have worked for GMS for over 3 years at 2 different facilities and most of what I am seeing is BS. No one is on call, easy to get time off you just need to reciprocate for fellow employees. Most of what I read on here concerning the golf courses is BS!. People have no idea what they're talking about!!!
HERE HERE, GREAT post, and your right most is BS!!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default It's Theirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm a highly qualified professional with 35 years of experience in the golf industry. I tried to show them my resume and they made me fill out a form and told me to attach my resume to it. Then I asked if I could get an interview with the director of golf. They told me I'd get a call. When I got a call and told that I had an interview I expected a one on once interview with a fellow professional not being tossed in with a group of people that have never worked in the business before and being put through a ridiculous test.
Hey, it's their company and the procedure they've found gets the best employees for them. They have the jobs...and now you don't.

Sounds like it might be awhile before you start working on your 36th year of employment in the golf industry. Might be best for everyone concerned.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:08 PM
Sage
Default It Works

Quote:
I wouldn't say that, but like many large corporations, everything has to fit into a little box. They have their process and they won't change it for anything.
Maybe they feel their "little box" is time proven and works. As far as I'm concerned it does.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Sage
Default Florida Is Right To Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
Unionize
That is a dirty word but it is coming. Stay tuned!
I doubt it. Florida is one of the 24 states that has passed "right to work" laws. Simply put, right to work laws affirms the right of every Floridian to work for a living without being compelled to belong to a union.

Look around. How many businesses do you see that are unionized?
Old 08-19-2014, 01:07 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to JaniceOhio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr7749 View Post
I have a group interview coming up shortly for a position at the new country club that will open sometime this fall. Is anyone familar with this procedure here in the villages? It is with Golf Management Solutions who operates the country clubs in TV. Thanks
Wow gang.. So sorry I haven't been around these past 10 days to help. I've owned a career/job search/interview coaching firm for over 40 years. Still do....Bought in Gilchrist but not full-time yet.

I'd be more than happy to share my experience and what we teach our job seekers both in process and attitude. I'm at WorthingtonCareers.com but will be more than happy to help with this by phone pro bono. That's what new friends are for! ) DDR7749 .. Feel free to call!

Janice Worthington
Old 08-19-2014, 09:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I'm a highly qualified professional with 35 years of experience in the golf industry. I tried to show them my resume and they made me fill out a form and told me to attach my resume to it. Then I asked if I could get an interview with the director of golf. They told me I'd get a call. When I got a call and told that I had an interview I expected a one on once interview with a fellow professional not being tossed in with a group of people that have never worked in the business before and being put through a ridiculous test.
Why that is just crazy? You should have been hired without having to go through the debasing ordeal of an interview.

That which does not destroy you, makes you stronger- Nietzsche
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.