The Gypsies are back in the Villages !

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
No reports in the last 11 years of being in TV. However, they in the past were near the Walmart on 441 and Home Depot. And at the exit of I75 at CR484.................been gone the last year.
They are gone because Marion County finally passed a law against panhandlers.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:00 PM

One of their big scams are diversionary burglaries. One of them will come to the door, try to get you in the backyard for whatever reason then others hiding in the vehicle will exit the vehicle and go into the house and rummage for jewelry,money anything of value. They will pose as tree trimmers, utilities personnel, One give away is hand held two way radios. They speak in Romani, which their appearance and language can be mistaken for Hispanic. I have studied them, and they are VERY fascinating people with a VERY organized criminal network.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I take it that this group has been in TV before? Where do they stay when they are here? RV's campgrounds or motel's......sounds like this group raises the Bar of panhandling to a high level.

For many they migrate to warm florida, not just TV, but sure are good pickings here. They could be in RV,s look for the most expensive cars parked along side.

keep your eye on the cute children, they are masters of there art
Old 10-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroglass View Post
This is disturbing

hope this is not the norm in TV I will be looking for a home next week so hope this is not a major problem
Isolated incidents DO NOT = a major problem!
9++ years and have not seen anything like what the thread presents = isolated incident(s).

btk
Old 10-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Interesting! There was just some outdoor furniture stolen from the Hillsborough Pool either last night or yesterday. Topic related????? Could be.
There was a panhandler last year at Publix in Colony. Right around the Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday. I remember since I called the sheriff's office. There are a lot of naive people living in The Villages, and didn't want to see someone get their wallet stolen or worse. They are isolated incidents, not cause for panic. The more we see it and report it, they will soon get the message out that they are not wanted or being ignored here. Call Community Watch and the sheriff.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:59 PM

In my 30+ years of detecting, preventing and investigating fraud I found the "Travelers" to be the most evasive and illusive organized groups of all. In my experience they were seldom involved in petty thefts but were prone to scams involving roofing, driveways or wind damage repairs on houses. A favorite ploy of theirs was finding hail damage (which they created) on siding and roofing and encouraging "us" to file homeowners insurance claims. I have not heard of them panhandling - but it may be a ploy to obtain your address.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTime View Post
The Gypsies are back in the Villages, Travelers as called in some countries.
They are on the street corners, in front of the grocery stores, women and children, and good looking families For hundreds of years they have perfected there scams, its cash they want, and I have seen so many bleeding heart Villagers feeding them money. They look just like you and me, but believe me they have profected there trade. I have called the police, and by the time they get there there gone, they will not stay in one place more than 10 minutes. Its cold now up north, so they really enjoy our weather, and the generosity of the Villagers with out a clue. Friday I saw them get 3 hits in 2 minutes, today I saw 4 hits in 2 minutes.
Trust me here they have more money than you have.

Please call the police dispatch, Lake county, Sumter or marion counties when you see the beggars with the signs.

Thake a photo of them, watch them run!
As I was leaving St Timothy s parking lot this morning there was a man with 3 kids holding a sign that said he lost his job and needed money to pay his rent and feed his kids.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Veteran member

This afternoon, around 2pm, there was a woman outside the entrance to Southern Trace shopping center. She was holding a sign that said that she and her young son were forced to live in their car as she had lost her job. The child was sitting on the grass next to her. She definitely looked Roma. I went into the shopping center and called Community Watch who said that they had had several complaints about her and they were sending someone over. I didn't wait to see if they actually came, but this sounds similar to the story that a former poster said happened outside of Colony.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ChevyFI View Post
One of their big scams are diversionary burglaries. One of them will come to the door, try to get you in the backyard for whatever reason then others hiding in the vehicle will exit the vehicle and go into the house and rummage for jewelry,money anything of value. They will pose as tree trimmers, utilities personnel, One give away is hand held two way radios. They speak in Romani, which their appearance and language can be mistaken for Hispanic. I have studied them, and they are VERY fascinating people with a VERY organized criminal network.
I watched a series about them, the criminal part was never mentioned.. the focus was the brides and the weddings soo over the top
Old 10-21-2013, 02:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
Or you might say since I have morel values, I do not lie or steel. All in how you look at it.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:17 AM
Sage

Lived here 4 years. I have never seen anyone panhandling, loitering or going house to house begging or with criminal intent. Saw plenty in NYC, Brooklyn and suburbs, and in San Francisco and suburbs, and in Miami and suburbs. Not here.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-21-2013, 03:45 AM
Veteran member
Default gypsies

I live in a lovely seaside town, one of the best beaches and scenery in Europe.
Every summer, around June, THEY arrive. Set up camp in the public car parks overlooking the beach. NEVER pay to park, but if I do not pay, I get a £30 fine. They hang laundry all over the fencing, try and sell puppy dogs and kittens. Every public park will have a gypsy camp on it at some point between June and the end of August!! The mess the leave behind costs about £90,000 to £150,000 to clean up, as everything has to be sanitised. They will not use toilets in there mobile homes as they say it is unhygienic, but will use the grass in the park???
These are the old Irish gypsies or tinkers.

The incidents of crime soar through the roof.

Now, in London, we have the Romanian gypsies, who have set up camp on Park Lane, right by Hyde Park Corner. They have been harassing the good folks going about their business. Same in Paris. The French deport them, we have to get a court order which can take weeks!!!

Sorry for the rant, but we are paying for these people who NEVER give anything back to our society.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:46 AM
Veteran member
Default gypsies

Forgot to say, keep a close eye on your dogs!!
Old 10-21-2013, 04:47 AM
Veteran member

Saw someone with the same sign saying he lost His job at the publix's parking lot in Spanish springs, he had four kids and a woman sitting on the grass near him. He was dressed in a red silk shirt,vest and black pants. Thought it was odd. This was around noon.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:04 AM
Veteran member

Saturday saw a woman with a sign stating that she lived in her car and needed money. She had a young boy with her seated at her feet. They were at the driveway near Crispers. I was a bit surprised in seeing them. Having worked in Boston for several years and subjected to many panhandlers asking for money..........I continued riding by them and said a prayer for their well being.
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.