Heavy Traffic

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Comparison are always drawn to make people feel better about something

But, I don't live in NYC or Chicago, or Los Angles.....I live here and here the traffic problem grows worse every year and is exacerbated because the tri-counties continues to grow faster than the infrastructure needed.

Apparently the traffic/driving situation must have some truth to it based on the various, and often repeated, threads concerning round abouts, MMP's etc.
I think those problems are less related to volume, and more related to the high lousy driver to total driver ratio in TV
Old 03-02-2017, 09:29 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Looking @ the back trying to get thru the St.Charles gate, reminded me of the backups just before the BQE-

They should get a community watch person or a police officer to stop people from waving carts thru--Lt Siemer said its against the law.
You should contact Sumter County Sheriff's office, I'm sure if you ask they will assign a deputy to direct traffic !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2017, 09:40 PM
Eternal Member

A great number of Villagers are from N'Yawk and Beantown. And these are the folks complaining about an increase in traffic for a few months?

Compared to commuter traffic going in and out of Washington daily for 35 years, The Villages has NO traffic problem.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:18 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Comparison are always drawn to make people feel better about something

But, I don't live in NYC or Chicago, or Los Angles.....I live here and here the traffic problem grows worse every year and is exacerbated because the tri-counties continues to grow faster than the infrastructure needed.

Apparently the traffic/driving situation must have some truth to it based on the various, and often repeated, threads concerning round abouts, MMP's etc.
That or people just need something to complain about. Be happy people! You are still on the right side of the grass!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2017, 04:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Other half is in MI with 60 degree one day then 19 and snow today. 7 mile commute yesterday took 43 minutes. Could have walked there faster. But it was
Old 03-03-2017, 05:55 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Nope. Sorry. Still no real traffic problem in TV.

Very few places in TV is the transportation infrastructure even close to being inadequate.
Hi Polar bear:

Yesterday I made the calculating decision of taking Morse at about 11:30 AM rather than two other possible routes to a golf shop to get some clubs re-griped

Repeat what you said to the 12-15 golf carts waiting in traffic to make a left to get off of Morse. Repeat what you said to the line of traffic waiting to exit Morse that extended almost down to the stop light and once passed the stop light another long line of traffic.

Try crossing or turning at Bailey Trail or Olmstead at the entrance of Lake Sumter or Colony or moving to the left turning lane at either Morse or 466 to get onto rolling Acres............................................. .........

I am not complaining. it is what it is I just acknowledge it. I lived in large cities. I drove in large traffic and I was use to it but large traffic lost its appeal. That was one nice thing that drew me here. it was nice while it lasted.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Hi Polar bear:

Yesterday I made the calculating decision of taking Morse at about 11:30 AM rather than two other possible routes to a golf shop to get some clubs re-griped

Repeat what you said to the 12-15 golf carts waiting in traffic to make a left to get off of Morse. Repeat what you said to the line of traffic waiting to exit Morse that extended almost down to the stop light and once passed the stop light another long line of traffic.

Try crossing or turning at Bailey Trail or Olmstead at the entrance of Lake Sumter or Colony or moving to the left turning lane at either Morse or 466 to get onto rolling Acres...
Consider it repeated. Been there. Done that. (By the way...Hi, rubicon. )

I know there are occasional and localized PITA traffic situations out there. I drive rhem all as much as anybody. And I know it's a very subjective topic. But TV transportation issues are minor and seasonal, and I have little doubt the infrastructure will grow and improve as needed.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:17 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

I don't see where letting a couple of golf carts thru hurts anything. You have to wait anyway for the two cars in front of you to get thru the gate. Sometimes I wonder........
Old 03-08-2017, 09:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Heavy traffic? Huge backup? Have you people ever driven in any of our cities, or worse yet, cities in foreign countries? We are spoiled here in The Villages. Traffic goes from almost non existent to moderately light.
Boy do I agree. I was raised in the DFW Metroplex with over 7,000,000 people and before moving here I lived in the Atlanta metro area with over 5,000,000 people. I guess heavy traffic is a matter of perception. I love TV and btw, it's not that hot here either.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Boy do I agree. I was raised in the DFW Metroplex with over 7,000,000 people and before moving here I lived in the Atlanta metro area with over 5,000,000 people. I guess heavy traffic is a matter of perception. I love TV and btw, it's not that hot here either.
Yep. A matter of perception. I don't think the traffic here is all that bad either. Yes, a bit rough in the winter months, but a small price to pay. Plus, a little out-of-your-way navigating can help a lot. I'll take it over Atlanta any day - year round jams.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Look at it this way. Without the snowbird season, most restraunts and many shops would not survive the quite season.
So be happy, and thank the next snowbird you see for the great life and choice you have for the rest of the year!
Old 03-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Sage

Lt. Siemmer said," Letting golf carts through is against the law"-you can be ticket for hindering traffic flow and you are not a traffic control officer"
Old 03-08-2017, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Lt. Siemmer said," Letting golf carts through is against the law"-you can be ticket for hindering traffic flow and you are not a traffic control officer"
So is speeding, rolling through stop signs, not using turn signals, etc. On the list of heinous violations, letting a cart cross is certainly not on the top of the list, especially since cars are normally stopped for cars in front of them anyways.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
So is speeding, rolling through stop signs, not using turn signals, etc...
You're right, they're all illegal...just like stopping to let golf carts cross when they don't have the right-of-way.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
You're right, they're all illegal...just like stopping to let golf carts cross when they don't have the right-of-way.
I wonder if anyone ever considered moving the exit gates back 50 feet, so the carts cross beyond BOTH the entry and exit gates. This would accomplish one of the goals of the gates, to allow cart traffic to cross more easily and safely, and eliminate the desire to wave carts across.
Closed Thread

Tags
stop, officer, community, watch, person

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.